Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Cheers mate, coming from you it means a lot.

Erm, let's just say it's a work in progress :rolleyes Trying to figure out a cool stock for the longstrike, something about the original puts me off. Going to try to do it more as a blaster rather than a sniper rifle.

I like the idea and I hope it works out for ya. I was pondering that same thought recently and if I think of anything I'll be sure to post it up here for ya to use if you like it

Here are the steel and bronze pistols all finished up. I realized this morning that I missed the screw in the handle of the bronze version and that will be fixed immediately :)

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7692.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

The Haloish Element is all done as well so I'll add a few photos of that too. All the screw holes were filled as were all the gaps created from shaving off the hook hanger on the grip as well as the plunger arm that came out the back

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7705.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

I'm digging all the mods on here.
Each one another inspiration to finish up the one's I keep telling myself to do (doing a desert camo for a Longshot right now).

Open to everyone
-I use a simple razor blade scraping for logo removal, so I'm a little stumped on how to remove the "Nerf" logo from the circle on the rear of the Nite Finder-at least without destroy the beveled edges. Any suggestions

Mr. J. Arms-
I know that you don't speak of specifics on how you do what you do, (which I understand) but I have a general question or two

-You seem to work in bulk. How many mods are comfortable doing at once? And are they usually the same model at the same time?

And those Jayne and Mal pistols are killing me, I want so much!

*grabby hands*

I swear-photos of what little I've done are coming!

-I use a simple razor blade scraping for logo removal, so I'm a little stumped on how to remove the "Nerf" logo from the circle on the rear of the Nite Finder-at least without destroy the beveled edges. Any suggestions

I used a Dremel sanding drum to do mine. I didn't *love* how it came out, but I was also in a rush/using a clear Nite Finder (which makes it really hard to see what you've taken off), and I think with a little more time and care it would turn out much better.

Nice job! It kind of has a Judge Dredd feel to it! (the Stallone one, not the real Dredd...sorry)

But damn fine work all the same!

Stallone Dredd? Hey I didn't think we allowed flaming in this thread :lol

Has anyone painted a nitron up yet? Got a dilemma on whether to get a longshot or a nitron, its gonna be painted and used purely for looks, which one would people suggest out of those two?

I used a Dremel sanding drum to do mine. I didn't *love* how it came out, but I was also in a rush/using a clear Nite Finder (which makes it really hard to see what you've taken off), and I think with a little more time and care it would turn out much better.

Just a thought; If you're working on a clear gun and need to level a surface, an old body-shop trick might help. Dust the area lightly with a satin or flat black spray paint. It'll dry quick and the black areas that remain after sanding give you a much better reference for how far you've gone/need to go. I mean, you're repainting the whole thing anyway, right?

Last edited:
Just a thought; If you're working on a clear gun and need to level a surface, an old body-shop trick might help. Dust the area lightly with a satin or flat black spray paint. It'll dry quick and the black areas that remain after sanding give you a much better reference for how far you've gone/need to go. I mean, you're repainting the whole thing anyway, right?

Yeah, I noticed that after I had started the painting. I would definitely do it that way next time.

I picked this up in 2000 when Titan AE hit theaters:

$(KGrHqF,!nsE63V3Vp9gBO0UZJ1W-Q~~60_12.JPG

The reason I picked it up was that I was planning on making it more of a prop replica than a toy (much like the work being done here). Over 11 years later and it has been sitting in storage with no changes.

Anyhow, I put it up on Ebay and while it makes a good collectible as is, I would love to see someone here purchase it and give it a cool paint job. If interested, let me know and I can point you in the direction of the auction if needed.

I picked this up in 2000 when Titan AE hit theaters:

$(KGrHqF,!nsE63V3Vp9gBO0UZJ1W-Q~~60_12.JPG

The reason I picked it up was that I was planning on making it more of a prop replica than a toy (much like the work being done here). Over 11 years later and it has been sitting in storage with no changes.

Anyhow, I put it up on Ebay and while it makes a good collectible as is, I would love to see someone here purchase it and give it a cool paint job. If interested, let me know and I can point you in the direction of the auction if needed.

Feel free to post the listing. I'd like to take a look myself. Thanks!

Open to everyone

Mr. J. Arms-
I know that you don't speak of specifics on how you do what you do, (which I understand) but I have a general question or two

-You seem to work in bulk. How many mods are comfortable doing at once? And are they usually the same model at the same time?

And those Jayne and Mal pistols are killing me, I want so much!

*grabby hands*

I swear-photos of what little I've done are coming!

I use a hand sander, but be careful not to use it for too long or it can melt the plastic or warp it.

I do them as they're requested honestly. I do some side projects in the time between drying and those usually find homes pretty quick. Often I'll get an email before it's done and they go ahead and put their name on it. I like that because I still have gull creative control :) As to how many at one time, I can't really say, but it's like that "trouble with tribbles" episode on Start Trek :)

Stallone Dredd? Hey I didn't think we allowed flaming in this thread :lol

Has anyone painted a nitron up yet? Got a dilemma on whether to get a longshot or a nitron, its gonna be painted and used purely for looks, which one would people suggest out of those two?

The Nitron is discounted in most stores right now so I like that idea. It's possibly a harder gun to paint due to all the small details. I've just held off due to many other things that had to get done first. I will get to it soon though.

Here's a few photos from the past few days. My kidney stone is still being a problem so I've been unable to do as much as I'm use to. I hope to have that fixed soon

Steampunk Longstrike
IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

Firefly Resin cast prop WIP
IMG_4010.jpg

Jayne's Lemat getting close to finished
IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

A shot with the metal Denix and some midly painted grips
IMG_3997.jpg

Rust practice in progress :)
IMG_3989.jpg

Thanks!

Outstanding work as always JA, its funny because over here the nitron is £40 but the longshot is discounted to £20 at the moment. I thought of the nitron because you dont see many painted up, but as you said the longshot may be easier for a beginner to paint up.

Hi all.

I've been looking at some nerf-steampunk conversions on YouTube, and they make it look pretty easy. Particularly when it comes to using Rub n Buff.

I'm having rather more trouble, finding the Rub n Buff dries rapidly, becoming difficult to spread and work with.

After sanding and washing, I have sprayed my guns with a thin matte enamel coat. (Enamel was the black available at the dollar store.)

Q. Is this type of spray suitable for this kind of work? Or should I be looking to use an acrylic spray instead?

Thanks for any help.

Hey guys? Are there some Nerf guns either discontinued or hard to get? The local department store here in Korea just put out a huge display of Nerf guns, and they don't seem so bad in price. If there was something y'all wanted, I could get it for whatever my cost + actual shipping. I don't need to make money off of it. Maybe there is something on the Korean market that they don't have where you are? Give me an idea of what to look for.

Hey SOTI, thanks for the offer but the only problem I've got is UK customs, not sure how easy it'd be to get them through and Im sure that living in rip off britian that the shipping would be a killer. Saying all that its definitely something to keep in mind.

I was amazed just what's out there. If you look on toysrus.co.uk I think theres something stupid like 15 items listed and something like 150 on the .com site.

My 5 year old has asked for a maverick and reckon for xmas (hes only got a nite finder so far) and he runs round saying "its nerf or nothing". Makes me so proud :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back