Nerf Gun Props? YES!

A side project finally getting close to being done. Just need to add the weathering and little details.

The scope wasn't around for the photo ;)

IMG_3035.jpg

Finished my Fallout: New Vegas mod for the Nerf Longstrike. It's 60" long and a pain in the butt to photograph. Also, Photobucket doesn't seem to want to let me upload any images larger than this. Thanks, jerks, what do I have a paid account for then?
DSC01503.jpg

If you do make one from a super soaker I would love to see it. which one do you think you would be starting with? I havnt looked at the super soakers, so I dont know whats out there...

I was thinking, after having the thunderstrike apart here:

painted4.jpg

That it could be a very workable, light, and cool looking cosplay vera base.

Here is a slapdash paste up of what I was thinking in terms of building:

pastevera.jpg

Obviously the add-ons would have to be custom, but i think its quite possible.

With the way the magazines come apart, you could even construct a magazine with shells inside it.

I think it would be a nice light cosplay vera. I don't costume, but I have some friends who do, and I know they always want light options for the weapons they will be carrying around for hours.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
I was thinking, after having the thunderstrike apart here:

painted4.jpg

That it could be a very workable, light, and cool looking cosplay vera base.

Here is a slapdash paste up of what I was thinking in terms of building:

pastevera.jpg

Obviously the add-ons would have to be custom, but i think its quite possible.

With the way the magazines come apart, you could even construct a magazine with shells inside it.

I think it would be a nice light cosplay vera. I don't costume, but I have some friends who do, and I know they always want light options for the weapons they will be carrying around for hours.

Just a thought.

very interesting! I gunna have to look into this more

Mine is nowhere near as pretty as the many posted in this thread, but I figure I'll post it up anyways. It's kind of a rush job as I try to get it done before I move. I plan on using it for my college's humans vs zombies games this Fall. I still need to do some internal tweaking as well as fixing the paintjob a bit, but I think it looks alright for something made with some spreay paint and a little hand brushing.

IdWEbh.jpg

bL672h.jpg

bhhZah.jpg

Mine is nowhere near as pretty as the many posted in this thread, but I figure I'll post it up anyways. It's kind of a rush job as I try to get it done before I move. I plan on using it for my college's humans vs zombies games this Fall. I still need to do some internal tweaking as well as fixing the paintjob a bit, but I think it looks alright for something made with some spreay paint and a little hand brushing.

IdWEbh.jpg

bL672h.jpg

bhhZah.jpg

I like that in white! Thanks for sharing the gun on here Panzer!

Bolter with flame thrower. It's for a Canoness costume for D*con... This is what the flame effect looks like..

IMG_20110728_231644.jpg
If you don't mind saying, can you provide some detail on how you accomplished the flame-effect?

P.S. Awesome, BTW... :thumbsup

One way (which looks awesome) is to use leds as a light source, and then make the "flame" out of polyfill. You can color it with an airbrush, or acdippng in in thinned waterbased paint, and then spray it with a clear coat so it holds its shape. We did something like that on our ghostbuster traps to make it look like green smoke was coming out.

Here's a pic of that:

traps003.jpg

I finally found my missing guns.

This is my first try with painting. I needed them for my Devil may cry costume.
For Ebony and Ivory I bought 2 water pistols (The mags actually come out NEAT!)

P8122796.jpg

And for the double barrel I used the buzzbee double barreled shotgun.

P8122794.jpg

P8122795.jpg

The paint chipped off the shotgun on the stock a bit.

I also just recently bought a blowback toy pistol I found at walmart for 6 bucks. So I plan on painting that as well.

If anybody has any tips they can give me Id gladly appreciate it.

If you don't mind saying, can you provide some detail on how you accomplished the flame-effect?

P.S. Awesome, BTW... :thumbsup

It's very simple, the base is a clip on LED reading light which I glued an orange bit from the guts of a nerf gun to. the "flames" are mate scotch tape... It the one you ouoted I did do a light dusting of orange spay paint on the tape to see how it would work.

Here are some close ups of a different one.
IMG_20110812_202502.jpg

White the flame "lit"..
IMG_20110812_202643.jpg

Hope that helps :)

One way (which looks awesome) is to use leds as a light source, and then make the "flame" out of polyfill. You can color it with an airbrush, or acdippng in in thinned waterbased paint, and then spray it with a clear coat so it holds its shape. We did something like that on our ghostbuster traps to make it look like green smoke was coming out.

Here's a pic of that:

traps003.jpg

Ha! Love that!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back