Nerf Gun Props? YES!

And here is one more before I go to bed. It was finished and painted in an afternoon.
1ec08f2f.jpg

6623321a.jpg

de151aee.jpg

Wanted to give it a shot before I wasted too much money lol. $2.00 spray paint (x3) and a $3.00 water gun. I have a ton of learning to do as well as a ton of trial and error....but it was fun. :)

263461_221045907928654_100000697405222_753444_1960820_n.jpg

Be proud of that attempt. You did some cool stuff with not a lot of supplies. Really appreciate you sharing it!

Wow is all I can say... guess I need to work on my painting skills. Wish I could make some of my stuff look like that

It never ends, that learning stuff...keep at it and if it's fun, you'll always enjoy the time spent. It's like fishing, catching something is just a bonus to most people ;)

This thread is a nice find. I've been working towards making a modded Nerf gun. So far I have a Nerf Stampede, sandpaper and paint. I also have a some RGB LEDs and a 3-channel LED dimmer on order. The LED dimmer should allow me to make parts of the gun light up in just about any color.

I'm not sure when I will sit down and sand it, but will have to do some experimenting with the LEDs to figure out how best to install them first. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of cutting light windows in the gun and either filling them in with clearish hot glue or trying to use wax paper. Any ideas or suggestions on how to go about adding lighting would be greatly appreciated.

And here is one more before I go to bed. It was finished and painted in an afternoon.
1ec08f2f.jpg

I've seen a lot of people try to customize a mauser and it often looks like a variant of a solo blaster or looks junky due to too many odds and ends stuck on.

However, this is probably the best mauser custom job I've seen. Make me want one. I think replacing the grips with some real wood grips would take it to the next level. Also, you should consider filing off the nub under the hammer. Very well done.

Thanks for the kind words. The mauser is a plastic one and the grips where from a dollar store gun and are hollow. I had to cut off the grip frame of the Mauser inorder to put the new grips on sadly.

Here is Steampunk pistol I made for a friends birthday, it was my 1st build. It is made from the same dollar store gun which I took the grips from for the Mauser.

276.jpg

283.jpg

301.jpg

306.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. The mauser is a plastic one and the grips where from a dollar store gun and are hollow. I had to cut off the grip frame of the Mauser inorder to put the new grips on sadly.

Here is Steampunk pistol I made for a friends birthday, it was my 1st build. It is made from the same dollar store gun which I took the grips from for the Mauser.

Dammit, therpf, why can't you have a "like" button like facebook!? There's a bunch of great work in this thread. LIKE!

I like the paint job you did with those grips. You should do something like that to the mauser. Did I mention I think that mauser is rockin'? :cool

Thanks,

If I revisit the mauser I'll most likely repaint the grips.
I'd love to cast it, but I have not cast anything before and I also live in an Apt so I don't really have the space to do it.

I like the mauser mod! I agree with MJ's father on chopping off the little post too.

There are some great and affordable products out there that can be used to fill those kinds of voids need be, and they can add some heft. I tend to lean toward 2 part putties like mighty putty because a package can be had for under $10.

I use a lot of putty when I'm working on Nerf guns too, especially if I'm adding on, bolting on, etc.

LOVE that flame thrower BTW. That looks like it could be in a film tomorrow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back