Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Sorry for the quiet! Took some time off this weekend to spend with my kids. Hope you all had a nice one as well :)

Still a WIP!
hellsbellWIP.jpg

nitefinderleatherfit.jpg

nitefindercutfront2.jpg

---

IMG_6652.jpg

SteelBladeWIP.jpg

IMG_6649-1.jpg

IMG_6655-1.jpg

IMG_6656.jpg

not a nerf gun!
IMG_6639-1.jpg

IMG_6638-1.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

after seeing all your work, and the work of everyone else, i got inspired. so i went and bought one of the maverick pistols and some paint. I decided to stick with something basic: flat black and metallic silver. I'm impressed with my first one. it actually looks like its supposed to! XD

Last edited:
figured id try my hand at this.....
IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

oh and one more thing, keep posting them pics guys! its kinda refreshing to see the ideas that swirl in other peoples heads

Last edited:
Looks great Benny! Looks like an ultra weathered parkerized finish. I like doing all black too.

JA, as always, outstanding! You use red well. That's not an easy thing to do on a prop gun.

I know I have posted a couple of these before but here are some I have done:
This was for a customer that wanted one for his sons birthday. He had seen one I brought in to work and asked me to make him one.
2010_06_02Pictures019.jpg

One for me, that I ended up selling to the customer as well.
2009-02-25dogs-bikes-lizard-shotgun.jpg

My first, I ended up giving to a freind for his birthday.
newmaverick014.jpg

newmaverick010.jpg

My RPF Secret Santa giveaway(2009), went to propologist.
2009_12_30Pictures033.jpg

These were quicky builds maybe two-three hours for both of them. A customer needed them for a Halloween party, and I only had one evening to crank them out
2010_10_31Pictures028.jpg

I just got two new Nerf guns and I hope I can tear them down and repaint them soon. Also looks like I have lots of brown, black, and silver paint. :)

Thanks Noeland! it feels pretty darn good to hear that!
honestly this is my first attempt at this sort of deal, but i enjoyed it alot! my friend wants me to paint his maverick, and i think im gonna switch the colors. an all silver base with flat black weathering.
maybe ill use steel wool for the weathering..

Just painted this the other day for fun. It's not an actual nerf gun but it goes pew pew when you pull the trigger. :lol

Thanks Noeland! it feels pretty darn good to hear that!
honestly this is my first attempt at this sort of deal, but i enjoyed it alot! my friend wants me to paint his maverick, and i think im gonna switch the colors. an all silver base with flat black weathering.
maybe ill use steel wool for the weathering..

Very nice job, keep it up! :)

I know I have posted a couple of these before but here are some I have done:
This was for a customer that wanted one for his sons birthday. He had seen one I brought in to work and asked me to make him one.

One for me, that I ended up selling to the customer as well.

My first, I ended up giving to a freind for his birthday.

My RPF Secret Santa giveaway(2009), went to propologist.
2009_12_30Pictures033.jpg

These were quicky builds maybe two-three hours for both of them. A customer needed them for a Halloween party, and I only had one evening to crank them out

I just got two new Nerf guns and I hope I can tear them down and repaint them soon. Also looks like I have lots of brown, black, and silver paint. :)

Great stuff, thank you for sharing em here Fuelish :)

Great stuff everybody! I wanna paint some up for the summer while playin all day lol.

Fuelish, where'd u get the double barrel and the one underneath? I like how those look :D

Heres something i came across and it made me think of you guys.

pulserifle2.jpg

Credit goes to the saga's marketing ideas, first they sent out game review magazines/websites etc a dolls head in a box with no indication to what it was related to, just some burnt out Dolls head from the sender Rebecca Jordan? who? ;) and then later they sent them one of these to clear up any confusion. They are apart of the marketing for Aliens: Colonial Marines a game long in development thought to of been canned.

IGN were the guys who first brought my attention to this so sorry if its already been posted here but i think its pretty dam cool and im sure will inspire some upcoming deploy mods.

heres a few links to websites explaining how they got it along with some photos. The only variance of the guns i can see is that each one has some words in white capitals hand painted on the other side of the gun, Ive seen one reads ***** and IGNS has one with LOCO written on it etc. Below are the links of various websites and their photos.

Sega send us Aliens: Colonial Marines ‘Pulse Rifle’, Dave is a happy man | X360 Magazine

Sega sends an Aliens-style pulse rifle, and Colonial Marines gets a trailer

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.230902740256641.78370.140973592582890

Sorry its not my prop wish it was i'm just sharing this with you guys as i think you will like it.

That's really cool, Tom. I appreciate you posting it! I'll take a look on the computer tonight! :)

Heres something i came across and it made me think of you guys.

pulserifle2.jpg

Credit goes to the saga's marketing ideas, first they sent out game review magazines/websites etc a dolls head in a box with no indication to what it was related to, just some burnt out Dolls head from the sender Rebecca Jordan? who? ;) and then later they sent them one of these to clear up any confusion. They are apart of the marketing for Aliens: Colonial Marines a game long in development thought to of been canned.

IGN were the guys who first brought my attention to this so sorry if its already been posted here but i think its pretty dam cool and im sure will inspire some upcoming deploy mods.

heres a few links to websites explaining how they got it along with some photos. The only variance of the guns i can see is that each one has some words in white capitals hand painted on the other side of the gun, Ive seen one reads ***** and IGNS has one with LOCO written on it etc. Below are the links of various websites and their photos.

Sega send us Aliens: Colonial Marines ‘Pulse Rifle’, Dave is a happy man | X360 Magazine

Sega sends an Aliens-style pulse rifle, and Colonial Marines gets a trailer

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.230902740256641.78370.140973592582890

Sorry its not my prop wish it was i'm just sharing this with you guys as i think you will like it.

So, is almost 50k views pretty good for a thread started in January? This nerf thing might be catching on...heh! Thanks to all you guys for helping make it a success!

I have some questions:

To really get a good paint job, you would basically have to disasemble the weapon, correct? Especially anything that moves, such as opens or slides so that you can get paint into those stubborn areas.

For areas that do move after painting. Like clips, slides. trigger, etc, doesn't that paint wear down quickly? I would image that for the most part these would simply be display pieces and would not be functional unless you are willingot de repair work on the paint.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back