Need specific help with electronic/circuit, please!

Soundmummy

I'm currently working on a gun from the fallout universe and I need some help lighting it up. All I need is to get four leds to run on a battery and switch, I need all four leds to light up when the switch is turned on and that's it, nothing fancy. I'm in the process of learning about this stuff, but sadly my deadline for this project is coming up faster then I can learn the material.

Can anyone here give me a run down and list of parts and how to connect them all??? It would be EXTREMELY helpful!!!!!

You can buy LED's at radio shack and wire them in a row with the one end going to the switch and the other end going to a battery pack. Then connect the 2 wires left that are not connected to each other.
I really know what I am trying to say, just cannot get it out on type lol.

I am sure someone will do a diagram for you though.

I'm trying to get 4 green LEDs hooked up to one of the 3 AA battery pack holders. I went to RadioShack but no one there had any idea of how LEDs even worked. I'm just not sure if i need to but any resistors in the mix or in which order to hook the LEDs up in.

Google image result for LED battery circuit:

LED3.gif

LED33.gif

Add a switch on either side of the battery.

Awesome, thanks a ton. So baiscally add a switch on either side of the battery and I need a resistor of each light? and would I connect it as: Battery, switch, resistor, light, risestor, light...?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back