Need help with reference: ALIENS Peace Through Superior Firepower Shirt

chewbaccadoll

Sr Member
Hey all,

Mechamaniac contacted me about trying to replicate the shirt prop worn in ALIENS, "Peace Through Supier Firepower":

aliens-gunpower-dvd1.jpg

aliens-gunpower-dvd2.jpg

I found this pic from Prop Store of London of a replica:

aliens-greyguntshirt2.jpg

but was wondering if anyone had reference for this, maybe a HD screen cap or what have you.

Just throwing this out there hoping to dig up some reference. Would love to replicate this prop!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks Andy for the great idea as well!

-Kurt

Last edited:
Re: Need help with reference: ALIEN Peace Through Superior Firepower Shirt

Thanks Kurt! The shirt looks pretty simple overall. Does anyone have the PR lineart used for the original shirt?

Just a quick couple of points:

The shirt is worn in "Aliens", not "Alien"... And it says "Peace Through Superior Firepower".

Just a quick couple of points:

The shirt is worn in "Aliens", not "Alien"... And it says "Peace Through Superior Firepower".

Yes, of course it's from ALIENS... thanks for that... I will fix. Not sure about your second point though. I know it says that.

I have the origional Alien in 720p HD from when it was broadcast on a hi-def movie channel, but none of of the origional quadroligy has yet to see an HD release on blu-ray.

EDIT: Actaully I might have Aliens in 720p from a different HD broadcast on a seperate drive. It's the only way to find it in that quality, same with the 1080p release of Jurassic Park that I have.

Last edited:
As promised, here are the HD screencaps. I used a frame by frame control to get the clearest shots possible, you can see that they used the wrong font in the Propstore shirt. (I also watched the movie again afterwards because I forgot how good it looked in HD with 5.1 surround. :love )

I saw someone at an event wearing one of these shirts at an event about two weeks back. They gotta come from somewhere, have you done a search of the T-shirt sites?

I saw someone at an event wearing one of these shirts at an event about two weeks back. They gotta come from somewhere, have you done a search of the T-shirt sites?

There are quite a few replicas available - Of the two most common ones, one is slightly oversized IIRC.
Sadly, I can't remember where I got mine from, Sorry!
Probably a limited run on here from SSdesigner or similar...

I'd definitely be interested in an accurate version of this shirt. I'd also be interested in Drake's "I've served my time in Hell" shirt if you were to do a run of those.

Edit to Add:

Here's a small pic of Frost's shirt. I don't remember where it came from.
frostshirt.jpg

Last edited:
The text is the most obvious flaw with the Propstore shirt, however the artwork seems be to off as well. It's not major, but it's definatly there.

There are quite a few replicas available - Of the two most common ones, one is slightly oversized IIRC.
Sadly, I can't remember where I got mine from, Sorry!
Probably a limited run on here from SSdesigner or similar...

What he said. There are several variations on this shirt, most of which use updated versions of the PR image that look more like what the actual prop look like.

I went to Kurt because I figured some folks here would be interested in an accurate version.

I pretty sure someone did a run of these on the forum as i have one at home...pretty sure i bought it here.

I can take a photo if you like? i think maybe SSDesigner did them?

Lewis

I did the latest design on these and the last run on the RPF. Overall I think the artwork is dang close, it just needs to be a bit smaller on the tee.

-Ss

Yeah, like Andy said, regardless of what's "out there" I'm looking to drum up help and reference of the actual prop, not a replica, in order to create an accurate replica.

Not looking to make a copy of a copy.

Thanks for all of the responses!

I have this one lying around for about 10years+ now.
Don't know if it is one of those oversized shirts mentioned, as it is XL sized.
The neck seems to be wrong style but the font looks close to correct though.
If it is any good, I could take a plain shot of the graphics for further processing.
Actually I don’t need this specimen at all (not an Aliens fan). Anyone...?

anx9keza.jpg

I have this one lying around for about 10years+ now.
Don't know if it is one of those oversized shirts mentioned, as it is XL sized.
The neck seems to be wrong style but the font looks close to correct though.
If it is any good, I could take a plain shot of the graphics for further processing.
Actually I don’t need this specimen at all (not an Aliens fan). Anyone...?

anx9keza.jpg

PM Sent

FWIW I think I remember reading somewhere that the pulse rifle graphic for Frost's shirt was based off of Cameron's prototype drawing of the pulse rifle. This may also be found inthe extras on the Quadrilogy discs. I think I may have some images. I will see what I have when I get home from work. I also think I have the font researched as well.

Mike

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back