Original Mars/Taz National Treasure Book of Secrets - a Review

Re: National Treasure Book of Secrets - a Review

No review of his book yet as I don't have it in hand yet, he used to be a member here but you can still find his book on ASAP

Well it looks nice!!!
Is it full of written stories?? , I think Christian spoke to you at one stage am i not mistaken???
I think I have seen those pics!!
I think It would be cool to trade these inserts, provided the stories match, that is why i asked.
There would have been some competition if he advertised it here, lol

put some clearer pics will you !!!lol
Mars

I don't have any clearer pictures only what he emailed to me, I think a few members here have seen it up close and might even have one. I don't have the book in hand yet but once I get it i'll do a full review.

Mine aint arrived yet!!:cry

Fingers crossed for this week though!!:)

So did it arrive safely? ...I had an opportunity to look through one of these beauties in depth and I am amazed. First-rate artistry from cover to cover, in every page and insert. It beats any grail diary hands down!

Oooooh it certainly did mate and as you say, it is truly amazing. The work and attention to detail that when into this piece is simply outstanding. I haven't managed to read through the whole thing myself though!

Mine arrived last Thursday and it is awesome.
The first impressive thing is its size compared to a grail diary :eek
All I can say is wow !!!!
It smells and looks like the real one :)
I didn't have the time to read it, but there is so much to discover
and it's also simply great to scroll through it.
From the leather to the buttons, the aging of the pages and all the inserts - this is all of a piece.

Hats off to the makers - I hope they will use this book in part three of NT !!!

Glad to know you both are pleased. I read through it and was so impressed by the the careful writing that so thoroughly respected the movie storyline while capturing so many of the historical events associated with the Presidents featured in the book. I find it humbling that two young men from Australia have such an informed familiarity with American history. I now feel compelled to learn more about Australian history!

It is, of course, the creative storytelling that ties it all together. I had a blast reading every page. It occurred to me more than once that the feel and smell of the book, its aged parchment, the old-style English grammar...it really felt at times as if I were holding a real historical artifact...and how 'bout that page 47?! Wow. It literally left me...speechless!

Cheers!

Thank you guys for the continous positive feedback , we are really really flattered.
It does feel good to make something and everyone raves about it!!!
We wish this could have been done cheaper without altering anything to it.
But we simply could not.
I really hope that all of you are pleased with your investment.
Chris and Mars

Wow...I am simply breathless from all the great feedback both Mars and myself are getting. Thanks folks. Makes all the blood sweat and tears and hair pulling worth it...almost lol

It's strange to re-read some of the entries now things have calmed down and the thing is done. I can actually enjoy it as I've forgotten most of what I wrote now lol Lack of sleep makes you a different person when you write I think lol

Regards
TAZ

I received my Book of Secrets and I have been very impressed with the project. The quality is top notch and beyond what I thought it would be. Its one of my favorite props!

I am new to the forum and am interested in getting one . Can you forward me the contact info?

I am new to the forum and am interested in getting one . Can you forward me the contact info?

I don't believe these are available anymore. these ended up costing $900 - $1000 each. Taz might be working on one but I doubt it, too much work.

LOL Yes it is a HUGE amount of work. The original run of the BOS Marcel and I collabarated on is NO longer available. But yes...I am working on another. Full of new content , stories etc and etc...I am taking as long as I need to get EVERY detail up to where I want it to be so to that end No ETA as yet nor in the very near future. There are top men working with me on it though;) Drop me a pm.

Regards
TAZ

Is the 2 disc DVD set featurette on the BOS any good?? (Cover Story, Crafting the President's Book)

Is anything of interest covered on it??

Thanks

I thought so...I upgraded to the president's book collectors set though that has the NT 1 2 disc and a 3 Disc set of NT 2. It was worth the cash. The 2 disc of NT 2 is also worth the cash. Some great featurettes.

Regards
TAZ

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back