My V3 HDPE TROOPER HELMET **FINISHED! see post #207

Re: My V3 HDPE TROOPER HELMET

Naw, I'm not part of any Wringer Brigade, I'm wholly autonomous here.

That's why I feel that there's no need for apologies, because I was simply playing along as well.

I honestly believe that that was/is you intention all along, because there is no way that you can say things like ....

You freely admit...
...and then state....

...with a straight face.
There's no way that you can honestly be serious and say these things with a straight face...no way.

I get the schtick.
It's actually pretty funny.

You can get away with acting the way you do and treating people the way you do, because of the inherent disposition, passivity and loyalty of your Fan Boys.

Again, there's no reason to apologize, Gino, just keep doing what you're doing.

It's like the virtual equivalent of..."Hey, what's on your shirt?" and then flicking their nose when they look down at your finger, over and over and over again.

Even though I don't condone taking advantage of someone's gullibility or inexperience, it's still funny to watch when you do it. ;)

Now your just patronizing everyone. If you have got a gripe with Gino take it to pm's its getting quite boring to be honest.

Hey guys. Sorry for not getting these up yesterday as promised.
Here's one fully assembled ready for paint.
PS, no bags under the eyes, although it does appear to some degree on some screen used helmets. :thumbsup

hdpe_test11.JPG

hdpe_test12.JPG

hdpe_test13.JPG

hdpe_test14.JPG

hdpe_test15.JPG

hdpe_test16.JPG

Let me know what you think.

Gino,Helmet looks GREAT.I would love to get a kit,but I'm still bummed about the missing tear detail.:cry

Dave

I think it is stunningly good, even better than I had hoped. I have started saving and offloading props, don't tell the wife. :thumbsup
I think those bashing Gino's work here needs to remember what AA said in interview (from http://www.tk1336.com/sds.html);

I had presented a prototype that was made
from a totally unsuitable material and a material that was not
really viable for reproducing in a larger quantity than one.
However I persevered and made several more helmets in the green HDPE.
The front face of the character held up reasonably well on shrinkage, but
the looser back part was susceptible to severe distortion, and every helmet
I made ended up a different distorted shape in this area

You can interpret that how you like, but to me it says that there was significant differences between each single original helmet largely due to the HDPE process. Ginos appears to have replicated that process extremely closely and ergo, he has produced the same results that AA had all those years ago.

Looks damn nice to me.:love Better than I was expecting too. Now bring on the painting.

Ben

The more I look at those pics the more I keep getting more and more impressed.I kinda want to thank certain people for pushing Gino that little bit further because it`s really paid off.:love

Ben

Looks amazing Gino...why have you done this now, by the time i have the cash they will be gone, damn you Gino, damn you.

While I admit I know very little about stormtrooper helmets, I will say that
I do know when something looks fantastic.. Great work, Gino!

I for one would love to see you make one with the paint job all chipped up
and weathered.. That would really be cool.

Thanks guys!

Going to paint it today.
I'll try to take some painted pics outside (sun permitting).

I'm not generally a fan of the bumpy caps... I tend toward a more idealized look myself.

But that is a pretty awesome looking helmet right there!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back