Well, as I have never made a build thread, it was about time.
I bought a cricket kit from Myron about a year ago, and never got around to building it. But, when I met up with Gerry (gmprops) at the Toronto prop party, and got a new set of boards from him, I know I had to make it.
First, all the parts.
Myron's kit with Gerry's boards.
Using a Dollar store car, I was able to get the battery terminals from that for my phaser.
Then I needed to fix the emitter. This kit was Myron's earlier one, and it didn't have any space for Gerry's new LED, so a little time on the drill press fixed that.
I also painted the buttons and sealed them, to save me more troubles later in painting.
Now, I thought I took a pic of the 2 halves, but I guess I didn't, so here's Myron's pic of what is going on inside.
Mine looks similar inside to this pic.
And then I glued the 2 halves together. I sanded the groove to make it easier to Bondo.
All that's left to do is to bondo in the sides and emitter, smooth it out and paint it.
So there you are. My first build thread.