My Prop Collection - New Addition(s): "Home-Theater finally finished!"

Re: Adam C.'s Prop Collection - NEW ADDITIONS: ''Witness''

Congrats on the latest additions Adam :) :thumbsup :thumbsup

I just love it when authentic items find their way into collections !

Especially love the Amish hat. Brilliant idea for a replica from an excellent film with little (or no) props !!

Re: Adam C.'s Prop Collection - NEW ADDITIONS: ''Witness''

Thanks guys.

Brilliant idea for a replica from an excellent film with little (or no) props !!

Yeah, that's the problem Alan. Since I got the hat I've been trying to come up with some other Witness related props, but there doesn't seem to be a lot to work with. Maybe John Book's gun or something?

Anyways, speaking of guns...I also was able to get something to go with my James Bond Walther PPK. A classic black bow-tie. (An idea I freely admit stealing from Mr Webber. :angel)

(Click on Picture to Enlarge.)

View attachment 60935
View attachment 60936
View attachment 60937

Last edited:
Re: Adam C.'s Prop Collection - NEW ADDITIONS: ''Plan 9 From Outer Space''

Nice !!

I like the paint job Adam :thumbsup So cool that you decided not to paint it green, or leave the glow in the dark alien visible :lol

It has a very faithful look to the screen grabs as it is :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

So cool that you decided not to paint it green, or leave the glow in the dark alien visible. It has a very faithful look to the screen grabs as it is.

Yeah, I think that an ''Ed Wood'' type of spaceship model is about the extent of my painting skill-level. (In other words, spray-paint the hell out of the thing with all one color, and then let it dry. :lol) You'll notice that I'm not painting Millenium Falcons or anything like that, right? :p

Yeah, I think that an ''Ed Wood'' type of spaceship model is about the extent of my painting skill-level. (In other words, spray-paint the hell out of the thing with all one color, and then let it dry. :lol) You'll notice that I'm not painting Millenium Falcons or anything like that, right? :p

If that's a straight spray paint job, it's hellishly good !

It may look easy, but the line between getting it right & having paint 'drops' all over the place, that dry before you can say "BOO !", and are very hard to clean up, is a fine one indeed.

Kudos to you on that one :) :thumbsup

Re: Adam C.'s Collection - NEW STUFF!: Charlie Chaplin / Singin' In The Rain / Kill B

Some new additions to the collection came in this week. First, a vintage, (1930's era), black men's bowler hat and bamboo cane to pay homage to one of cinema history's true greats...Charlie Chaplin. This one is dedicated to our very own nickytea. ;) (My cane is not nearly as cool as the one that you just sold on eBay recently, but it'll have to do for now.)

CHARLIE CHAPLIN'S BOWLER HAT & CANE

View attachment 70334
View attachment 70332
View attachment 70333
View attachment 70335
View attachment 70328
View attachment 70329
View attachment 70330
View attachment 70331

Next up, in keeping with the ''vintage'' theme, is an antique umbrella that is incredibly close in appearance to the one that was used by Gene Kelly's character ''Don Lockwood'' in the famous lamp-post dance scene from the 1952 screen classic SINGIN' IN THE RAIN. (Surprisingly, these things are a lot harder to come across than you would think. Especially with the proper looking wooden handle.)

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN

View attachment 70339
View attachment 70340
View attachment 70336
View attachment 70337
View attachment 70338

And lastly, to bring things back into the 21st century, we have something that I've been wanting to get for quite a while now. The 2 sword Hattori Hanzo set from Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL VOL. 1 & 2. (Yeah, yeah...I know about all of the inaccuracies and blah, blah, blah...but I've gotta tell you, these things are freakin' awesome for the price! Very heavy and solid feeling too.) Definitely pleased with these.

KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 & 2 (''Bride'' and ''Bill'' Sword Set)

View attachment 70341
View attachment 70342
View attachment 70343
View attachment 70344
View attachment 70345

Well that's it for this week folks. Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Adam C.'s Collection - NEW STUFF!: Charlie Chaplin / Singin' In The Rain / Kill B

I just thought that I would post some updated pictures of my ''stripped down'' prop set-up. I moved my collection out of the living room, (You know. So that my wife could see what it's like to live in a house that normal people might live in for a change...:lol), and brought it back into our bedroom. (That poor woman can't catch a break, can she? I think at this point she's looking forward to us building a home theater for all of my stuff even more than I am! :D) Here's what everything looks like at the moment.

View attachment 79384View attachment 79385View attachment 79386

Last edited:
Re: Adam C.'s Collection - NEW STUFF!: ''Rosebud'' from CITIZEN KANE

Last June I was able to convince a friend of mine who is pretty skilled at wood-working to attempt to make a replica of the Rosebud sled from Citizen Kane for me using as many reference photos and measurements as I could find, (many of which were from a previous thread found here on the RPF). He's a pretty busy guy with a family of his own, so when he told me that it would take him ''a while'' to make it I was figuring 2 or 3 months, tops. (Not that I was in any hurry mind you. I mean, you can't rush art, right?) Well today, 7 months later, I received an e-mail from him saying that he was finally finished and that he'd try to bring it by tomorrow. I have to say, based on the way that it looks in the pictures he sent me, it was well worth the wait! And to top it off, he ended up making two of them instead of just one since he had extra material! (That extra sled will be posted in the Junkyard later this week in case anyone is interested.) I'll post better pictures after I have the sleds in hand.

View attachment 81257View attachment 81258View attachment 81259

Last edited:
Re: Adam C.'s Collection - NEW STUFF!: ''Rosebud'' Sled from CITIZEN KANE

My friend dropped off the sleds earlier today and I have to say, he truly outdid himself. They turned out phenomenally well. The pictures just don't do them justice. By the way, all of the following pictures are of the sled that is going to be put up for sale. (Except for the last picture of the sled hanging on the wall. That one's mine. :))

View attachment 81394View attachment 81395View attachment 81396
View attachment 81397View attachment 81398View attachment 81399
View attachment 81400View attachment 81401View attachment 81402
View attachment 81404

Last edited:

That is fenomenal workmanship Adam !

Now, please, tell me the secret for convincing the Mrs. to allow you to put your props in the bedroom !!!

I tried the "but it will enhance 'performance' " line to get her to move the bed into my prop room.... but all I got was a hearty laugh" :lol

Rosebud has always been on my want list forever. I dread seeing the price as I will most likely cry for not being able to afford it, :lol
Maybe I will need to sell a prop to afford it :)

Rosebud has always been on my want list forever. I dread seeing the price as I will most likely cry for not being able to afford it, :lol
Maybe I will need to sell a prop to afford it :)

Well in case you're considering it, no, my wife said we ''can't take in any other wives on trade at the moment''. :p By the way for anyone interested, I posted the auction link in the Junkyard last night. http://www.therpf.com/f13/rosebud-sled-citizen-kane-137292/

Alan - Thanks man. And by the way, no it wasn't hard at all to convince my wife to let me put the props in our bedroom. She was too thrilled at the prospect of getting her living room back to really even consider the ramifications of what she was doing I think. :D

I will be watching that sales auction. You are starting it at a decent price :)

That is superb, great job all round Adam, if it wasnt for the shipping id jump on that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back