My Men in Black Arsenal (and other stuff)

gboy6

Here's my converted Series 1 De-Atomizer toy gun. I bought two of them when they went on clearance so I could take the blue leds and put them in one and repainted the gun to make it more movie accurate, to the best of my abilities.

I'm also working on some repainting some super soakers, as seen in MIIB's gun room.

Last edited:
Re: My Men in Black guns

Did you use EL Wire? Looks good!
I didn't know EL Wire existed till you mentioned it and I looked it up. The blue lights are just the LEDs that came with the gun. I just replaced the red LEDs with the blue LEDs from another gun.

Here's the next gun I repainted:

It's a Super Soaker Monster

Other Super Soakers that I plan to repaint are:
Super Soaker CPS 4100
Super Soaker CPS Splashzooka
and maybe the Super Soaker Backfire because I don't really care for the look of this gun

Here are some screenshots to back up my claim:

I realize that I left the fill cap on of the Super Soaker Monster, instead of cutting it off, I just wanted to do a simple repaint and to try different chrome paints.

And a quick question:
Can anyone help me figure out what that backpack like thing, in the top center of the room, is? And does it connect to the gun right below it?

Last edited:

Oh wow! What a great find! The larger MIB guns are some of the rarest props out there and you were able to dig up TWO of them! Great eye! I wanna try and track down a Monster myself now. And the chrome paint you used looks really good!

-Jonaas

While waiting for the other super soakers, I've repainted two more guns:

Here is a red version Series 1 De-Atomizer, since I didn't want this one go to waste.

This 2012 Standard Issue, is to tide me over until the Studio Art and Technology's one gets released.

These are some replicas that I have acquired:

An Unobtainium Noisy Cricket

The "Pickle Gun" from the MIB Alien Attack ride

nice guns! I did the same blue led mods to my guns from MIB 3 as well. nice and simple mods and they look cool!

Re: My Men in Black stuff

Okay, now you HAVE to tell us what you used to get the silver paint looking so good on your rifle. Once you do, we'll show you the secret handshake.

Have you seen what those Super Soakers are going for! Holy crap! I had a bunch of them years ago, now there worth some bucks!

Yea, I'm starting to believe, it is just plain luck to get the "metal" look from paint. I mainly use automotive basecoat/clearcoat, but they cannot give the smooth metal look. From Alsa, House of Kolor, and every other chrome wannabe paint. It dies as soon as you clear it! I've been toying with Alclad 2 (they call it lacquer, but it's not!), but I have yet to try atomizing future floor wax, through a paint gun. It's my last hope! I will get answers though! No more speculation!

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread! Nice collection! Especially the watches!

Okay, now you HAVE to tell us what you used to get the silver paint looking so good on your rifle. Once you do, we'll show you the secret handshake.

Everyone I talked to recommended different methods and different brands of paint. After trying several different brands and methods. I found that Krylon grey primer, Krylon gloss black, then 2-3 coats of Dupli-Color chrome finish enamel works for me. I didn't use a clear coat for fear that it will dull the finish. Also, since this is a automotive paint I felt that it didn't need one.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back