A Hensoldt arrived - the second coming

Lichtbringer

Master Member
This morning the postman rang and brought me a parcel. :)

Immediatly i opened it, grabbed it and went in my shop - do dissasemble the scoperings from it.

And wow - it was in a much better shape than i expected.

Left front:

PC010001.jpg

Left center:

PC010002.jpg

Left rear:

PC010003.jpg

Right front:

PC010005.jpg

Right center:

PC010006.jpg

Right rear:

PC010007.jpg

The blueing is still near perfect - best that i have seen up to now on a Hensoldt. I think i will not damage it any more for a more screenaccurate worn look, no.

Top of the 1-10 ring:

PC010009.jpg

The numbers etc.:

PC010008.jpg

PC010004.jpg

Front optic:

PC010010.jpg

Rear optic:

PC010012.jpg

The brass-rings have little to standard wear, the rear one has a slight dent in the upper right "corner" - but it´s less than the pic make it appear.

A view through:

PC010011.jpg

The view is perfect clear - as far as i know the former owner used it up to now for a small caliber rifle. :cool

And finally - mounted on the gun:

PC010013.jpg

I have to say ...... i´m pretty satisfied with it. :) it does look good for a hundred year old piece.

Last edited:
Re: My Hensoldt arrived

Holy Mackerel that is gorgeous!! My HW scope looks like it went through WW1 and WW2--lol

You need to mount that beauty on a de-milled Mauser or MGC.

Congratulations!

Dave

Wow :eek a real beauty ! congrats

I like the idea of buliding an real blaster with real parts like the propbuilders
did it 1978 :rolleyes

...and it will be expensive too :)

Beautiful! What a great scope.

And Markus, you have way too many scopes. Send one to me before the Earth falls off its axis. :lol

Wow :eek a real beauty ! congrats

I like the idea of buliding an real blaster with real parts like the propbuilders
did it 1978 :rolleyes

...and it will be expensive too :)

Thanks. :)

Aye, pretty expensive - and demilled Mausers seem to be 1/100 only.

It´s so much easier to get a live firing one - with the exception that the usual interested prop collector is not allowed to buy a firing one in Germany. Not even possible to buy it and then demill it, cause wihout beeing able to buy there´s no way to demill. :wacko

And the gun collectors are reacting allergic when you ask them to deactivate it cause you want to buy it. :confused

WOW never seen one of these up for sale and been looking for years !! The condition is amazing too . Want one for my early MGC ....well one day !!

Your M38 is on it's way to you now.

Fancy removing the scope rings from my H&W for me?

WOW never seen one of these up for sale and been looking for years !! The condition is amazing too . Want one for my early MGC ....well one day !!

Now i feel bad - i started looking for it 2-3 weeks ago. :$

No, don´t ask - not feelin bad enough to give it to you. ;)

Thanks Marcus - one accurate part more for my Sterling/E-11. :)

Makes only the Hengstler left to be changed for a real one.

Let me first fix your sent stuff for you, after that we have a look at your H&Ws scope rings. But maybe you may show a pic before? Maybe it´s not that bad as expected.

Hey Marcus

Are the rings on your H&W simple clamp rings, like the one on Lichtbringers scope or are they welded to the scope body?
In this case a simple small butan-torch will soften the lead and you can pop the mounts off. I did my first scope with a genuine MICROFLAME torch (Jawa accessory) ;)

Markus

Hey Marcus

Are the rings on your H&W simple clamp rings, like the one on Lichtbringers scope or are they welded to the scope body?
In this case a simple small butan-torch will soften the lead and you can pop the mounts off. I did my first scope with a genuine MICROFLAME torch (Jawa accessory) ;)

Markus

We talked about that already, and as far as i´ve got it it´s the second.
I explained him "how to", but he seem to feel uncomfortable with the idee of doing it himself.

And i would prefer to see pics first, as every H&W seems to differ from all others. :confused

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back