My Green Lantern Movie ring by Bimmer

***** thats just stupid good. Can you share with us some of the process to get the cracked effect I'm sure it would help many here out on other projects.

Thanks Batpirisss :)

I don't wanna give away ALL my secrets now, but when i get the method down a little better i'll share some info on it

well lets just say i plan on making more than just the one, and i won't be keeping them all for myself. ;)
That's what I was waiting to hear! Your rings put DC Direct's TO SHAME! And I can state that as FACT because I've finally received my DC Direct Movie Power Ring Prop Replica! ;)

Time to start saving up my dough...

Here, here!!! Incredible looking ring you've made Bimmer! The attention to detail is amazing! I've been scanning the net and eBay since the movie came out looking for not just a replica GL ring to invest in (which is how I subsequently stumbled upon this forum) but the *best* replica, and it looks like I've found it!! Like Jack T. Chance, I'll definitely be saving my pennies for one of your rings (and for one of your Sinestro rings)! Bravo!

Yeah it looks really great. And I think more people benefit from the help with techniques like that toward other props than I would hope another who would try to undercut you. Its like a chain effect of inspiration. And when I personally see something like this it inspires me to use elements of what you accomplished and go in a completely different direction. I hate to see creative information held back when its because of money but totally understand why it has to happen sometimes. This is a very incredible level of work and the effort shows.

BUMP!

So, Bimmer is still here, actively posting on his OTHER topics, but he refuses to post in the threads about his GL Movie Rings, won't reply to Private Messages asking for an update from people that have already made plans to purchase them from him, no communication with his business partner on this project, and with no explanation given. What the heck is going on here?!? :confused

As it stands right now, those of us that want replicas of these rings are now left only with the offerings from other makers, all of which are considerably inferior to what Bimmer was supposed to be making for us. :unsure

I have heard from Bimmer and here is his email.

First off, I want to apologize to all 957 current fans of Batjeepster Rings for letting them down. After months of hype and teasers of the Sinestro ring only to be taken away from them wasn't fair at all. But mostly, I would like to apologize to you, Christoph. You've been nothing but a supportive and truly great friend for all the months we've worked and collaborated together. We have many great moments of laughter and some pretty hilarious conversations as friends do, that I really enjoyed. You also threw many challenges my way that undoubtedly helped me to become a better modeler and artist.. So for that, i thank you. Thank you for sharing many of your methods of creation as they were genuinely brilliant.. Thank you for letting me be a part of Batjeepster Rings. You have some of the most loyal and trustworthy fans and friends an artist and person could ask for and you are very blessed to be associated with them.. Which is why i don't feel like i deserve to be a part of it all any more. I let everyone down and just up and disappeared. I know we've had many conversations about the stress of it all and how you have to try your best not to let it get to you. I know you would have been there for me and completely understood and done all you could to help, but for some reason i went against logic and panicked. And when stressful situations happen, i tend to shell up, retract myself and go into hiding. Its not a personality trait i am proud of in the slightest and i really should have been there for you. Not responding to your messages, phone calls, voicemails, emails, chats, and PM's was irresponsible and unprofessional and i completely take the blame for it. I do want you and the fans to know that i didn't do it maliciously in order to spite you, screw you, or cheat everyone out of a really awesome ring (and future rings as well). I am a very genuine, kind hearted person and i legitimately feel terrible for letting everyone down. Mostly i'm disappointed in myself for continuing to not handle professional situations as they need to be addressed and appropriately responded to. I am young and have a lot to learn about how to do business but again, that's no excuse for my behavior. I've withheld as best i can from viewing the Batjeepster fan page to avoid the likely flame war over my head but i have to admit I was surprised by lack of villainizing when i finally did look. Your fans are not only great fans but good people as well. I am not expecting this apology to welcome me back with open arms whatsoever, i just know that you deserve SOME sort of response from me even if it is ridiculously late. i want you to know that i haven't done a run of rings or sold any sinestros, because it wouldn't feel right to me. I have been contacted many times about the status of the ring and when people can order, but most of those have been ignored as i feel that explaining my situation and reason for not ever finishing through to the end is a bit embarrassing. That's really a great way to describe how i feel about the whole debacle. Embarrassed that i allowed my name to be consistent with bad business. And again i want to reiterate that i wasn't trying to screw anyone over, I just got too overwhelmed and let the situation build up so big that i was afraid to face it head on. After ignoring you for so long i just literally felt like the only thing i could do was to continue to ignore you instead of confront you and let you know what the hell was up.

I feel bad for all the fans and people out there who wanted one of my rings, and if they still trust me enough to do custom orders then they can message me if they wish. I don't blame anyone but myself for losing theirs and your trust as i do know Its all on my head. I just want to be able to get a few rings out to the fans who deserve them and have been asking about them for months.

I know you have your own Sinestro ring going now (which i look forward to seeing more pictures). I know it will do very well for your Batjeepster name. I'm sorry for ditching you and leaving you with the task of making it by yourself. I don't expect any forgiveness, but i hope you know i'm still a nice guy and didn't mean to hurt your feelings at all. It does sadden me to lose you as a friend.

I am extremely sorry, Christoph

I have replied to Bimmer but he has again went silent on me. I even sent him a silver 2814 in hopes of a response, but alas nothing. I told him I wished to continue our friendship....But like I said he has not responded.

I have heard from Bimmer and here is his email.

First off, I want to apologize to all 957 current fans of Batjeepster Rings for letting them down. After months of hype and teasers of the Sinestro ring only to be taken away from them wasn't fair at all. But mostly, I would like to apologize to you, Christoph. You've been nothing but a supportive and truly great friend for all the months we've worked and collaborated together. We have many great moments of laughter and some pretty hilarious conversations as friends do, that I really enjoyed. You also threw many challenges my way that undoubtedly helped me to become a better modeler and artist.. So for that, i thank you. Thank you for sharing many of your methods of creation as they were genuinely brilliant.. Thank you for letting me be a part of Batjeepster Rings. You have some of the most loyal and trustworthy fans and friends an artist and person could ask for and you are very blessed to be associated with them.. Which is why i don't feel like i deserve to be a part of it all any more. I let everyone down and just up and disappeared. I know we've had many conversations about the stress of it all and how you have to try your best not to let it get to you. I know you would have been there for me and completely understood and done all you could to help, but for some reason i went against logic and panicked. And when stressful situations happen, i tend to shell up, retract myself and go into hiding. Its not a personality trait i am proud of in the slightest and i really should have been there for you. Not responding to your messages, phone calls, voicemails, emails, chats, and PM's was irresponsible and unprofessional and i completely take the blame for it. I do want you and the fans to know that i didn't do it maliciously in order to spite you, screw you, or cheat everyone out of a really awesome ring (and future rings as well). I am a very genuine, kind hearted person and i legitimately feel terrible for letting everyone down. Mostly i'm disappointed in myself for continuing to not handle professional situations as they need to be addressed and appropriately responded to. I am young and have a lot to learn about how to do business but again, that's no excuse for my behavior. I've withheld as best i can from viewing the Batjeepster fan page to avoid the likely flame war over my head but i have to admit I was surprised by lack of villainizing when i finally did look. Your fans are not only great fans but good people as well. I am not expecting this apology to welcome me back with open arms whatsoever, i just know that you deserve SOME sort of response from me even if it is ridiculously late. i want you to know that i haven't done a run of rings or sold any sinestros, because it wouldn't feel right to me. I have been contacted many times about the status of the ring and when people can order, but most of those have been ignored as i feel that explaining my situation and reason for not ever finishing through to the end is a bit embarrassing. That's really a great way to describe how i feel about the whole debacle. Embarrassed that i allowed my name to be consistent with bad business. And again i want to reiterate that i wasn't trying to screw anyone over, I just got too overwhelmed and let the situation build up so big that i was afraid to face it head on. After ignoring you for so long i just literally felt like the only thing i could do was to continue to ignore you instead of confront you and let you know what the hell was up.

I feel bad for all the fans and people out there who wanted one of my rings, and if they still trust me enough to do custom orders then they can message me if they wish. I don't blame anyone but myself for losing theirs and your trust as i do know Its all on my head. I just want to be able to get a few rings out to the fans who deserve them and have been asking about them for months.

I know you have your own Sinestro ring going now (which i look forward to seeing more pictures). I know it will do very well for your Batjeepster name. I'm sorry for ditching you and leaving you with the task of making it by yourself. I don't expect any forgiveness, but i hope you know i'm still a nice guy and didn't mean to hurt your feelings at all. It does sadden me to lose you as a friend.

I am extremely sorry, Christoph

I have replied to Bimmer but he has again went silent on me. I even sent him a silver 2814 in hopes of a response, but alas nothing. I told him I wished to continue our friendship....But like I said he has not responded.
Thanks for the update, Christoph.

At least we finally got a reply from him, but it's still a bit disappointing that he didn't say all of this on the topics he started about his rings. The RPF and GLCMB are both pretty forgiving when someone lets us know what's going on. If he had posted an explanation, I'm sure people would have understood.

It is what it is, I guess. *shrugs*

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back