My First Latex Mask

PepMaster

Sr Member
This is my first latex mask I have ever made. It was based of the Disturbed - Asylum album cover, and from the Disturbed - Land Of Confusion music video. It only took me two full days to sculpt, mold and cast out of latex. The scuplt was done on a foam head using oil based clay, sprayed with mold release then covered with plaster, the plaster mold was then pulled from the clay and getting the teeth out of the plaster was a pain. It's almost done I'll have it painted today and it will look even better when that's done. Feel free to tell me how I did.
30tmfm8.gif

Reference Images

http://www.musicreview.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Disturbed_Asylum_Cover.jpg

Land of confusion the guy image by Neoproks on Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
impressive man, wish I was artistic enough to do these things, I love to watch you guys pull it off though. /envy /jealous

Yeah not bad at all for a first try.

If you decide to do him again, I would make the scratchs on his head a bit deeper, they will show better on the finished product. As for the teeth, get some acrylic teeth and push them into the claqy. If you don't want to use the acrylic teeth, find an old cheaqp halloween mask and cut the teeth out of it and use those.

Again, just suggestions, keep at it!

I thought of making the scratches deeper but did'nt know how well it would work this being my first mask. I also would have used fake teeth but if you see the character's face the teeth are uneven or cracked also can't find any places round where I live that has them unless I get it online, thanks for the suggestions.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back