My 11th doctor co sonic mod

Agentsmith350

Been having a fiddle with an 11th sonic and have came out with this fairly easy :

What i did was strip out the spring and clips , rewire the bottom button to a switch on the handle that i had cut a square out for and epoxy'd in. attached magnets to the bottom of the sliding section and inside the handle with epoxy so that it can be held closed then dabbed a little epoxy on the bottom of the claws so they close much better against the green emitter. Hope you like it !

Last edited:
That looks really good! I like the epoxy on the claws, really helps a lot. I may have to try something similar.

Thanks guys

That's really neat! Well done! I may attempt that myself. :cool

Got any practical hints or assembly tricks? :D

Yeah , be careful to get the magnet to just touch when its in closed position otherwise it wont stay in place , I waited till the epoxy had started to set but not gone solid then fitted the top section with the magnet attached to it pulled it up and set the epoxy in just the right position. Its hard to explain really but should make a lot more sense when yo have it apart.

I also I used a single small 10mm magnet on each side but if i had added more to the bottom i could have it so it closes by itself with a gentle pull

Its worth epoxying the bottom red button down as since the clips ect are removed it would just fall inside the handle

it took me a while to get the top cap of to split the handle but just keep going round it with a blade until it pops off

Its worth cutting a little section at the bottom of the battery compartment where you take the wires so they can sit in that cut out , i also melted a gap in the inside of the plastic for where the wires join to the switch to sit in. Id epoxy over that as well just to make sure it stays down.

Last tip i can think of is there is a little nib on the back of the inner section that is what the factory button releases to let the spring pop it open that needs to be cut off , i made a new nib on the front with epoxy that i can push the button down under to keep it up when extended but it wasnt needed , the wires inside seem to keep it extended just fine.

Hope that makes sense but just ask if anyone's not sure , If you decide to do similar please post here and let me know ;)

Nice mod! Don't the hidden sounds kill the sound chip? Or this happened only with the early models?

I would imagine if you only use the "hidden sounds" for short burst and don't abuse them it should be fine. At least that's how it seems to be with my sonic.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back