MR Davey Jones Key AND Tia Dalma's locket!

PHArchivist

Master Member
Scroll down for a pic.

=====================================================

Got one today... Does anyone want to see pics, or is this common enough...?

I like it, though I haven't taken it out of the packaging yet.

I have one, and I really like it. While I am not the expert that many here are, I also am poor so I can't afford some of the props I really like. It is great that MR made something that looks so nice (and I really think it looks good,) that was important in the movie, and that I can buy for less the $15. I am hoping they do more of this type of thing in the future.
I opened mine and plan to shadow box it with the gold plated coin that MR did from the first Pirate movie, which I also have and was another under $20 item. However I decided to wait and see if they (MR) do some small trinket from the third film - then I can put them all together, seems like a nice little (and cheap) display for the trilogy.

I like the finish they gave the key, it looks "old" to me. The leather strap can use a little "working out" so it doesn't look so new (not a complaint, just something I felt added to the aged look overall - that the key itself already has.)

Very nice overall especially for an under $20 prop.

Yes, the aged finish is nice, and the tines have a nice metalic ring to them. The aqua color is a tad bright but cest le vie. The leather strap smells like leather and is long enough to hang around your neck.

I'm pleased.

awsome, definetly need to get one of these, I was waiting to see the film and see that the leather strap was actually used in the film :p How did Will get it off that metal ring Davy had it on anyway... lol

cool, I ended up getting a replica of the aztec coin from disney today for $5, I would say it's worth it for that price, might pick up the key now after hearing the review, it's not but a 10min drive away from me since a local comic shop has all 3 (jacks ring, Coin, and the key)

Would one of you with a key be so kind as to measure its length for me? (simply from the top of the circular end to the end of the longest point). Haven't gotten my hands on one of these yet and need the info to scale the size of some other props...

I would appreciate it, thanks.

Marcus

<div class='quotetop'>(comicasylum @ Jul 16 2006, 08:36 AM) [snapback]1281767[/snapback]</div>
It is 4 1/4
Hope that helps
[/b]

Thanks. It will help a lot. I'll soon start a new thread and keep everyone posted on what I'm up to.

Marcus

<div class='quotetop'>(DemonFire @ Jul 16 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]1281685[/snapback]</div>
cool, I ended up getting a replica of the aztec coin from disney today for $5, I would say it's worth it for that price, might pick up the key now after hearing the review, it's not but a 10min drive away from me since a local comic shop has all 3 (jacks ring, Coin, and the key)
[/b]

Where'd you find a coin for $5?

That's a great price.

I ordered a key Friday. It should arrive Wed or so.
The weathering on it looks pretty good. I am trying to decide whether or not to remove it from the package.
I have a couple of the 2 coin sets and the necklace, but they are all sealed.

I got it from downtown disney here in orlando florida, in one of the stores in the corner they have apirates display and, they have just the coin for $5, the coin with a necklace (like elizabeths) for $10, and the coin that comes with a little bag for $8. Granted it's not perfect as the one from MR is but hey this is fine for me. Also on the back it has a little copyright disney thing but if it really bothers you could easily take it off. I'll take some pictures of it and post in a bit.

EDIT: Sorry if their a little blurry

coinback.jpg

coinfront.jpg

Just picked up the dubloon and the key, and I love them. I have one question, though. Is it possible to remove the Disney logo that seems to be painted on both of them without hurting the finish of the prop itself? Someone I know suggested nail polish remover, but I'm not so sure about that.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back