Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Sep 2, 2010, 10:59 AM - Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #1

Hi

I think I remember years ago there were some replicas made of the pictures Agent K show's J of their first contact with aliens. does anyone remember these? they were the photos of K giving the aliens flowers and some other things.

were there ever copies made of this? or is it just wishful thinking?
  2. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Sep 2, 2010, 11:14 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #2

Funny...I just watched MiB night before last and wondered the same thing.
    From
    Chicago
    Sep 2, 2010, 11:18 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #3

That would be such a cool addition to my Men in Black stuff... I never thought about it until now.
  4. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Sep 2, 2010, 11:34 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #4

I know i've been trying to get my hands on the prop folders that were on sale eons ago, but missed out and it would have been cool to have a set of those photos in there.
  5. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Sep 2, 2010, 8:37 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #5

maybe somone in the night crew might know?
  6. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Sep 9, 2010, 10:49 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #6

i hear the sounds of crickets in the distance! :-) bump!
    From
    UK
    Oct 7, 2010, 7:10 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #7

I was able to 'extract' and clean up five of the photos from the movie. They are 8" x 10".

Screen used:

Now, if I could only find one of these plastic folders. The black one would be easiest to replicate as I can't print on plastic!

Last edited by kurtyboy; Oct 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM.
    From
    Southern California
    Oct 7, 2010, 7:14 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #8

Wow! Great work!
  9. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 7, 2010, 8:13 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #9

I'm still trying to track down these damn folders. I know I have seen the plastic ones, I thought staples had them, but no luck on my end.
    From
    Canada
    Oct 7, 2010, 8:58 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #10

They used to have the clear plastic ones (at least a few years ago - I've handed reports in in those for school)

But the one in the movie just looks like your classic three holed paper jog (with the little bendable tabs) that I used back in grade school
    From
    The Outer Rim
    Oct 7, 2010, 9:01 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #11

I had a link for where the folders used in the movie were sourced. The company is now out of business and I think I deleted the link. I can't find it anymore.
  12. RPF Premium Member kurtyboy's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Oct 8, 2010, 6:05 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #12

I've created another three photos of the World Fair saucers and globe for the set. Although not screen seen, I just took some photos of the sites and manipulated them to match the rest by adding grain and messing about with exposure etc.
  13. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member Jedifyfe's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Oct 8, 2010, 9:54 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #13

So I have to chime in here.

I am extremely skeptical of other people making paper props BUT Marcus makes truly amazing works of art. I own several of his works and he astounds me all the time with his talent. As I said in my PM, well done!
  14. RPF Premium Member kurtyboy's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Oct 8, 2010, 10:00 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #14

Cheers Brad!

Anyone found anything on the folders yet?

Jedifyfe said: View Post
    So I have to chime in here.

I am extremely skeptical of other people making paper props BUT Marcus makes truly amazing works of art. I own several of his works and he astounds me all the time with his talent. As I said in my PM, well done!
  15. RPF Premium Member kurtyboy's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Oct 9, 2010, 2:42 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #15

Here are some of the additional World Fair photos that I faked:
  16. RPF Premium Member kurtyboy's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Oct 9, 2010, 2:54 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #16

Also made this:

Screen used:

From
    London, England
    Oct 9, 2010, 3:20 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #17

Oh man I love your work (still)!!!! Any time these are available let me know!!! I'll also see if I can find those folders around where I work...
    From
    The Outer Rim
    Oct 19, 2010, 5:28 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #18

IIRC, there was an auction several years back where MIB stuff was sold. There were photos of the front and back of the folders and you could make out the name of the company that made the original folders on the back.

I tracked down the company at the time, but they'd stopped making those particular folders and when I checked back about a year later, the company itself was out of business.
    From
    Germany
    Oct 19, 2010, 8:25 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #19

Great work... With a nice Visit Card and Id Cards, it will be a nice set... How about a planetary passport?!?

Well, is your site updated, Kurtyboy?

I think I should save some money and make a big order the next time...
  20. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 19, 2010, 9:31 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #20

these are looking sweet, shame about the folders, Im in for this tho. they look amazing right now!
  21. RPF Premium Member kurtyboy's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Oct 19, 2010, 3:42 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #21

Don't suppose anyone can remember the name of the folder company name, or the name of the style of folder etc?
    From
    The Outer Rim
    Jan 13, 2012, 10:30 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #22

I think I might have a lead.
  23. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Jan 13, 2012, 10:40 AM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #23

ahhh totally forgot about this awesome project. very cool!
  24. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Mar 27, 2012, 3:18 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #24

were you ever able to find those folders needed for your project?
  25. RPF Premium Member agliarept's Avatar
    From
    New Jersey
    Mar 27, 2012, 4:16 PM - Re: Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one? #25

Does anyone recogznize the car in the 1950's photograph? make and model. im doing a project and would love to know. cheers!