data-ad-slot="1369189895">
Page 1 of 114 1234561151 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2002
    Messages
    112
    Feb 12, 2012, 2:50 PM - MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion #1

    Back to the Future Hover Board Finally! This totally awesome 1:1 replica of the hover board from the BTTF 2 and BTTF 3 films includes multiple whooshing sounds and will glide over most surfaces (does not actually "hover" – check back in 2015 for that feature). We'll be taking orders for it March 1 – March 20, 2012, and the final product will be shipped around November/December 2012. Because this is such a high-cost item, there will be a minimum number of orders required to go into production. If we don't receive the minimum orders, won't go into production and customers will not be charged. The price will be announced later this month. (Note: Hover board does not work on water.)

    MattyCollector.com Online Store
  2. data-ad-slot="8650514066">
    data-ad-slot="7832116010">
  3. Onkelpsycho's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Germany
    Messages
    1,954
    Feb 12, 2012, 2:55 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #2

    hound97 said: View Post
    Because this is such a high-cost item, there will be a minimum number of orders required to go into production. If we don't receive the minimum orders, won't go into production and customers will not be charged.
    Do it or do it not, there is no try...

    High cost?!? Tere are awesome hoverboards out, so if that thing will cost more than $250, I dont thin this will be a hot seller...
  4. RPF Premium Member
    tripoli's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 1999
    From
    Sylvania OH
    Messages
    6,369
    Feb 12, 2012, 3:11 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #3

    Toy fair pics:

  5. agliarept's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    New Jersey
    Messages
    868
    Feb 12, 2012, 3:17 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #4

    sorry this sounds a little TOO GOOD to be true. i can't process the news, seriously, my nerd rage wants to refute this can't be possible lol.

    seriously, that's pretty good, I will be definitely ordering 1 for sure. or if not, 2 but Im interested to see if "glide". what tech are they using to make this happen?
  6. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member
    Jedifyfe's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    8,442
    Feb 12, 2012, 3:18 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #5

    Ugh...really? That looks like crap!




    tripoli said: View Post
    Toy fair pics:

  7. Roland's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Kehl, Germany
    Messages
    1,443
    Feb 12, 2012, 3:22 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #6

    Is that the final product? Doesn't look so accurate (not to say very cheap). The boards from "hoverboard.org.uk" look much more accurate.
  8. RPF Premium Member
    tripoli's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 1999
    From
    Sylvania OH
    Messages
    6,369
    Feb 12, 2012, 3:24 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #7

    They are prototypes, the basic board is there but some parts were missing. The stickers do not have the reflective material on them, it has been brought to their attention but I don't know if they are going to do anything about that or not. It sounds like they are far into the final production of most of the 2012 figures and pieces.
  9. Roland's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Kehl, Germany
    Messages
    1,443
    Feb 12, 2012, 3:34 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #8

    Will it be a replica of the hero board (REALLY accurate holographic texture) or the stunt board (printed non-holographic texture)?
  10. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member
    Jedifyfe's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    8,442
    Feb 12, 2012, 3:52 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #9

    I can't that they will do the holographic "hero" version since that would be MUCH more cost to them and it only appeals to the avid collectors like us.
  11. Onkelpsycho's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Germany
    Messages
    1,954
    Feb 12, 2012, 4:01 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #10

    Sorry to say that, but I dont like the holographic effect. I owned the bttf123 board with lenticular foil, but the other boards without looked more cooler to me, so I decide to get one of these...

    I sure the matty board will be a pink plastic board with just a big sticker on it...

    Maybe I have to wait for the first reviews if that thing goes in production...

    Normally I want to order one of the co.uk boards...

    Let's wait for a price on March 1st...
  12. Roland's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Kehl, Germany
    Messages
    1,443
    Feb 12, 2012, 4:11 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #11

    Onkelpsycho said: View Post
    Sorry to say that, but I dont like the holographic effect. I owned the bttf123 board with lenticular foil, ...
    I don't like the holographic effect of bttf123's boards too, because it looks like a cheap x-mas wrapping paper (sorry). The REAL holographic effect of the screen used boards would be much better.
  13. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member
    Jedifyfe's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    8,442
    Feb 12, 2012, 5:11 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #12

    I would ONLY buy this under 2 conditions

    1) It had screen accurate holographic material and details
    2) didn't have screen accurate holographic material and details but was $50.
  14. RPF Premium Member ComedicHistory's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    From
    The SF Bay Area
    Messages
    144
    Feb 12, 2012, 5:22 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #13

    There's a guy selling these and the other 3 boards on eBay all the time...it goes for $130. I can't attest to the screen accuracy but they look good.
  15. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member
    Jedifyfe's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    8,442
    Feb 12, 2012, 5:25 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #14

    ComedicHistory said: View Post
    There's a guy selling these and the other 3 boards on eBay all the time...it goes for $130. I can't attest to the screen accuracy but they look good.
    You are referring to a non licensed replica. This would be made by MATTEL.
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Messages
    12
    Feb 12, 2012, 5:33 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #15

    Jedifyfe said: View Post
    I would ONLY buy this under 2 conditions

    1) It had screen accurate holographic material and details
    2) didn't have screen accurate holographic material and details but was $50.
    I would ONLY buy this under 2 conditions:

    1) It hovered
    2) It sustained my weight

    As it is, there's nothing different than these except that it's Mattel making an expensive low quality prop instead of someone else making a cheaper, higher quality prop.
    Last edited by Devil Master; Feb 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM.
  17. Roland's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Kehl, Germany
    Messages
    1,443
    Feb 12, 2012, 5:33 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #16

    Okay, on this pic it looks much better:

  18. PHArchivist's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2001
    From
    Southern California
    Messages
    17,732
    Feb 12, 2012, 5:41 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #17

    What's Wilford Brimely doing in that picture?
  19. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Messages
    12
    Feb 12, 2012, 5:42 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #18

    agliarept said: View Post
    sorry this sounds a little TOO GOOD to be true. i can't process the news, seriously, my nerd rage wants to refute this can't be possible lol.
    The "glide" and "2015" parts are jokes. The real, and most important, part of the remark, is:
    does not actually "hover"
  20. CB2001's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    From
    Madison, Florida
    Messages
    4,765
    Feb 12, 2012, 6:06 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #19

    Devil Master said: View Post
    The "glide" and "2015" parts are jokes. The real, and most important, part of the remark, is:
    That is, unless, they somehow figured out how to actually do it and plan on surprising everyone when they release it. J/k
  21. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member
    Jedifyfe's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    8,442
    Feb 12, 2012, 6:17 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #20

    That photo looks like pics of the stunt board from the movie. I am doubtful that is a pic of the board that Mattel has made.
  22. RPF Premium Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    From
    India
    Messages
    3,085
    Feb 12, 2012, 6:50 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #21

    That banner is misleading, the photo of the board with back and front is taken from the Profiles in History listing photo. Bad marketing by Mattel.

    Let's hope they improve on the prototype. Even if it's just going to be a photo (stunt) hoverboard they need to change it for more accuracy.

    EDIT:

    Here is the comparison shot, Mattel used the photo from the August 2008 Profiles in History auction. PIH provided a very hi-res shot of the board for that listing back then.

    Last edited by Vivek; Feb 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM.
  23. Abelugo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    From
    Los Angeles,CA
    Messages
    494
    Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #22

    Don't get mad guys, it's like if Nike released some MAGS but they didn't Power Lace! , oh! darn forget it.

    At least it would be from Mattel.
  24. RPF Premium Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    From
    India
    Messages
    3,085
    Feb 12, 2012, 8:36 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #23

    Mattel, this is embarrassing. The main hoverboard photo in Mattel's banner is taken from Original Prop Blog's Comic Con photo from July 2008.

    Comic-Con 2008: Profiles in History : The Original Prop Blog Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

  25. P.I.F.? IT'S ALIVE!!!! RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Orlando Florida
    Messages
    3,209
    Feb 12, 2012, 8:52 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #24

    I'll save the money and stick with my replica board. This one will be an overpriced piece that doesn't compare to the replicas.
  26. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member
    Jedifyfe's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    8,442
    Feb 12, 2012, 9:32 PM - Re: Mattel Hoverboard #25

    Jedifyfe said: View Post
    That photo looks like pics of the stunt board from the movie. I am doubtful that is a pic of the board that Mattel has made.

    /\ Aha! I knew I was right...


    Vivek said: View Post
    That banner is misleading, the photo of the board with back and front is taken from the Profiles in History listing photo. Bad marketing by Mattel.

    Let's hope they improve on the prototype. Even if it's just going to be a photo (stunt) hoverboard they need to change it for more accuracy.

    EDIT:

    Here is the comparison shot, Mattel used the photo from the August 2008 Profiles in History auction. PIH provided a very hi-res shot of the board for that listing back then.

    Vivek said: View Post
    Mattel, this is embarrassing. The main hoverboard photo in Mattel's banner is taken from Original Prop Blog's Comic Con photo from July 2008.

    Comic-Con 2008: Profiles in History : The Original Prop Blog – Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

Page 1 of 114 1234561151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official "I Love my Mattel Hoverboard" Thread
    FakeBritishAccent, Replica Props
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Aug 20, 2013, 10:43 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 8, 2013, 10:31 PM
  3. BTTF 2 inspires 6 minute short film "Hoverboard"
    Vivek, Entertainment and Movie Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 7, 2013, 5:14 PM
  4. Can you make the Mattel Ghost Trap "smoke"?
    GeneralFROSTY, Replica Props
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2011, 9:51 AM
  5. Mattel Hoverboard "Stunt" graphics
    GeneralFROSTY, Replica Props
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Apr 9, 2011, 9:36 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12