Matrix Agent "Bug Case"

Okay...here's what I think it is:

http://www.aceproductsusa.com/frontend/pro...R55&co=10000016

[image]http://www.aceproductsusa.com/images/product/FR55.jpg[/image]

The metal faces surrounding the calendar and the photo are thin chrome metal bezels that pops off. You can then change photographs and the calendar's month. The one linked above has a different hinge than mine and bezel appears to cover a wider area than mine like the movie version would (closer to the sides).

The reason this thing has never been found, IMO, is because people are looking for aluminum clocks, calculators, business card holders and cigarette cases. You aren't going to find a chrome desk calendar/photo holder on the net using the keywords people have been googling for...if this is what it is. And I do think that this is what was used. :) I'm going to assume that as with everything really shiny in movies, it was sprayed down with duller so as to not create havoc with the lights and refelections.

Let me know if anyone has any success finding the right one. I don't have much time to search myself right now. Maybe this will put someone on the right track. :)

Originally posted by SFPROPS@Jan 12 2006, 05:40 AM

The metal faces surrounding the calendar and the photo are thin chrome metal bezels that pops off.  You can then change photographs and the calendar's month.  The one linked above has a different hinge than mine and bezel appears to cover a wider area than mine like the movie version would (closer to the sides).

The reason this thing has never been found, IMO, is because people are looking for aluminum clocks, calculators, business card holders and cigarette cases.  You aren't going to find a chrome desk calendar/photo holder on the net using the keywords people have been googling for...if this is what it is.  And I do think that this is what was used. :) I'm going to assume that as with everything really shiny in movies, it was sprayed down with duller so as to not create havoc with the lights and refelections.

Let me know if anyone has any success finding the right one.  I don't have much time to search myself right now.  Maybe this will put someone on the right track. :)
[snapback]1156926[/snapback]​

Well, I've spent the last month or so looking for something similar using your modified version of search phrases... No luck yet. The one that yhou posted doesn't have the correct side profile. Also, it appears from the caps on the first page that the two sides may not be identical further complicating the search. Still looking...

Originally posted by SurferGeek@Mar 3 2006, 09:32 PM
Well, I've spent the last month or so looking for something similar using your modified version of search phrases... No luck yet.  The one that yhou posted doesn't have the correct side profile.  Also, it appears from the caps on the first page that the two sides may not be identical further complicating the search.  Still looking...
[snapback]1198383[/snapback]​

I don't think I posted a side profile of the one linked above did I? I don't think I could find one online - only the front profile. The piece I own and took pictures of is a different brand/design than the one I linked which is likely to be closer to the one used in the movie.

Thanks to a good friend I finally managed to get one of these FR55 photo/calendar frames.

Unfortunately it's a red herring. :lol

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(SFPROPS @ Jan 12 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]1156926[/snapback]</div>

http://www.aceproductsusa.com/frontend/pro...R55&co=10000016

[image]http://www.aceproductsusa.com/images/product/FR55.jpg[/image]

The metal faces surrounding the calendar and the photo are thin chrome metal bezels that pops off. You can then change photographs and the calendar's month. The one linked above has a different hinge than mine and bezel appears to cover a wider area than mine like the movie version would (closer to the sides).

The reason this thing has never been found, IMO, is because people are looking for aluminum clocks, calculators, business card holders and cigarette cases. You aren't going to find a chrome desk calendar/photo holder on the net using the keywords people have been googling for...if this is what it is. And I do think that this is what was used. :) I'm going to assume that as with everything really shiny in movies, it was sprayed down with duller so as to not create havoc with the lights and refelections.

Let me know if anyone has any success finding the right one. I don't have much time to search myself right now. Maybe this will put someone on the right track. :)
[/b]

Not the official case used in the movie, but a nice storage "case" for display.

Got this prop replica from the PSOL - the lettering is a little worn but the bug itself is pristine.

AgentSmithBug.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I remembered this thread being about the pill case that morpheus uses... guess I was wrong.
Anywho - it's been a little while since I watched the matrix to be honest but I was searching around today for a metal case for another use and came across something that looked familiar to me.

It's a pocket ashtray - the insides would need to be changed but it reminded me of the blue/red pill case. Like I said, it's been a LONG time since I watched this but I figured I'd throw it out there and see how wrong I am! :lol

here's the amazon link - http://www.amazon.com/SILVER-SQUARE...8069?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1190074040&sr=1-20

and pics
419sAScm-dL._SS400_.jpg

51ftCNL9wqL._SS400_.jpg

Well... I know this is probably not correct for either item but maybe some more intense searching of tobacco related cases might yeild some results??

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back