Mass Effect - Tali Helmet

Ozymandius

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yay, I finally get to post something new.

Anyway, I got asked to make the 3rd variant helmet for Tali from Mass Effect 3.

You know, this one.
Tali3rdvariant.jpg

But since I can't ever do anything the easy way, I decided to up the ante by making it transformable. One kit that can be made into all three variants.

Variants_zps91b176b0.jpg

Here it is mocked up with the 3rd variant gear.
DSC_0265_zps4af4365c.jpg

I included mount points for the hoses.
d45daee8-7b4e-4517-aade-50ac62861710_zpsb8fd58a3.jpg

This area is hidden by the hood, but I built the box to house electronics and counter weights if needed.
DSC_0268_zps5a068ff3.jpg

I've already got the parts done for the first and second variants. Need to do a mockup with them next.

Oz

This looks awesome! Will you be offering these as kits, possibly in the near future? I'm considering attempting a Tali costume and the helmet is the part that worries me, because I have no experience with this sort of thing whatsoever.

Should be up in the junkyard by sometime next week. I just need to run one more tint test for the visors. But so far the variant 1 and 2 visors are looking good.

DSC_0261_zpsca42f779.jpg

Very opaque and foggy from the outside but good visibility from the inside.

Could I get a link (if there is one), to your previous Tali models? I'm wanting to do the leftmost pictured costume for Dragon*Con this year and your work looks mighty damned awesome!

Could I get a link (if there is one), to your previous Tali models? I'm wanting to do the leftmost pictured costume for Dragon*Con this year and your work looks mighty damned awesome!

Not really sure what you're talking about since this is the only Tali helmet I've ever done. There are no previous versions.

But in case I was vague or confusing (which is likely) you CAN make all three versions of Tali's helmet with this kit. I'll be posting pics with a more complete explanation just as soon as I can.

dude this is awesome!!! im a big mass effect fan and all ways thought of making tali's helmet ( i might now after seeing yours lol ) anyways fantastic work keep it up.

This is just top notch. One of the best Tail buckets I've seen. Is the visor dyed PETG?

The visor is PETG, but I could never get the dye dark enough so I switched to a candied clear coat.

In normal room light it gives the perfect ghosting effect where all you see are the highlights on the brow and nose.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back