Making a Replica indiana jones leather jacket

TomMCcredie

Hello i'm new too this and am interested in making a few interesting things. i wish to start with the jacket from Indiana Jones i would like your help with pictures of the jacket and any help you can give.

I don't understand why you would want to scratch build one. There are dozens of pretty good replicas out there fairly cheap. In addition, leather can't be sewn on "any ole sewin' machine". There is a craft and skill involved. Besides, by the time you're done buying all the materials to make it I would think it would cost just as much if you outright bought one.

Right!

Why bother unless you really like to torture yourself! :lol

I don't understand why you would want to scratch build one. There are dozens of pretty good replicas out there fairly cheap. In addition, leather can't be sewn on "any ole sewin' machine". There is a craft and skill involved. Besides, by the time you're done buying all the materials to make it I would think it would cost just as much if you outright bought one.

I've got to say, this was pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I first read the title of this thread! :D (But to each his own I guess, right?) Good luck in your endeavor sir! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back