Magnum P I ring

Megatron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking for the member that helped this happened ..had info on the Show rings..

thanks

Last edited:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kell @ Dec 13 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1376936[/snapback]</div>
Those are pretty cool, are they still being made?
[/b]

If Megatron will not do a run Pm me for info, they are still being made.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apollo @ Dec 13 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1377026[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kell @ Dec 13 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1376936[/snapback]
Those are pretty cool, are they still being made?
[/b]

If Megatron will not do a run Pm me for info, they are still being made.
[/b][/quote]

Since I can again everything is up to being made..
like the SPECTRE rings, Phantom rings...and more

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gunnerk19 @ Dec 14 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]1377640[/snapback]</div>
Anyone know the origin of the Cross offhand? For some reason the "Croix de Lorraine" keeps popping into my mind...
[/b]
"
"Joan of Arc (1412-1431)

...Sixteenth-century France named her Jeanne d'Arc and made her a national heroine. The men of subsequent centuries took her story for their plays and poems, her image for their statues. She became the spirit of France, the maiden, the holy warrior, the Republican and Napoleonic symbol for opposition to the English and for those who would protect France from foreign domination. In the Second World War Charles de Gaulle used her standard, the Cross of Lorraine, as the symbol of Free France..

Pilgrims Recall de Gaulle's Text

By Lara Marlowe, Irish Times, November 19, 1997

Paris Letter: General Charles de Gaulle's favourite word was grandeur, and it was for its simplicity and grandeur that he purchased a vine-covered, two-storey house called La Boisserie here in 1934.

It nestles on the edge of this tiny village, high on the plateau where Lorraine, Champagne and Burgundy meet. "Vast, rough and sad horizons," de Gaulle wrote of his refuge in his war memoirs.

... Churchill inscribed his image with a cold, "To Gen Charles de Gaulle, from Winston Churchill". The greatest cross he had to bear during the war, Churchill said, was the Cross of Lorraine - the symbol de Gaulle adopted for his Free French Forces.

...As you drive towards Colombey, an enormous 45 metre high Cross of Lorraine dominates the skyline. The monument, made of Breton granite and Alsatian bronze, was completed 18 months after de Gaulle's death. "There exists a pact 20 centuries old between the grandeur of France and the liberty of the world," says the general's quotation engraved at the base...

The Cross of Lorraine

Some French military orders and governmental flags use the Cross of Lorraine, which is has two crossbeams. Again, it probably dates from the Angevins.

Recall that the flag of the Free French forces in WWII was a tricolour with a Cross of Lorraine on the white stripe.

Robert M.J. Czernkowski 28-JUL-95

Red.
Stuart Notholt 28-JUL-95

I understand it was originally the emblem of the arch-Catholic family of Guise-Lorraine. "Their friends claimed it meant that the Guises would fight for ****** both in France and the Holy Land; their enemies that the League had crucified ****** a second time". (Ross Williamson).

Will Linden 28-JUL-95

Bayeux Speech, June 16, 1946

In our glorious, mutilated Normandy, Bayeux and her environs have witnessed one of the most momentous events in history...

Wherever the Cross of Lorraine appeared, the flimsy structure of what was in reality but a fictitious authority - however constitutional in appearance - collapsed. For the authorities are valid, in fact and in right, only if they accord with the higher interests of the country, if they enjoy the confidence of the citizens...

An add for American Militaria:

USA-16 ARMY CLASS A TUNIC - INFANTRY - good WWII jacket with only one very small moth hole on front by lower pocket, a bit dusty. Corporal's stripes on both sleeves. 7th Army patch on right and a blue patch with the French Cross of Lorraine shield patch on left. Has brass for infantry. Ribbon bar has five ribbons which include Purple Heart, European Theater with three stars, also has Combat Infantry Badge. Size 34R. Paperwork inside of one pocket for tax receipts from 1950's. Also a lump of coal. The history is this guy was in the Battle of the Bulge and was wounded by friendly fire. (A tank round blew off part of the side of his face). Lump of coal has been well handled. I have talked to other Veterans of the battle who have told me they carried coal to keep them warm in their foxholes.

Another add for American Militaria:

WWI 79th Division Painted Helmet.

The 79th Division was activated and trained at Fort George G. Meade in 1917. Many of the soldiers of the division were Maryland residents. The Division chose the Cross of Lorraine for their insignia because of their association with units of the French Army which used the same symbol. This helmet was found in the basement of a house scheduled for demolition, so there is no history. There is no liner, but the paint finish is in very good condition.

1943 Film: THE CROSS OF LORRAINE

Cast:

Sir Cedric Hardwicke
Gene Kelly
Jean- Pierre Aumont

An exceptionally good anti- Nazi film about a group of Frenchmen who surrender too easily, go to a prison camp and learn how the Nazis really operate. "

-From a web page long gone www.ultimatemagnum.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(greatgarlando @ Dec 14 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]1377767[/snapback]</div>

Already did in Jan of 2002.

Not cheap but for those that can afford it, it's the best thats out there and I mean no disrespect to Megatron as I wear one of his to..

That's great that you are up and running Megatron. :)

The ring looks ok, the inner circle edge is a bit rough and looks like the top of the cross is touching the inner edge, most likely do to a dying mold and the wax model wasn't cleaned up before casting. But it's not a bad price.

- Jeff

I don't know anything about the sellers, but the first ring is way off in to what was used in the show.

The second does not look to bad.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back