Looper Kid Blue Gat Gun metal Blunderbuss, Young Joe Watch & Map builds

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After finishing up my Blunderbuss I decided I really wanted a Gat Gun to go with it. With no replicas of the Magnum Research BFR available, I set about the daunting task of converting this:

14t0zud.jpg

into this:

2wftlb6.jpg

vwvndz.jpg

The Denix Cavlary pistol was about the closest I could find to the BFR. On receiving the replica, I set about removing the grips, cutting the frame in half and filling in and extending the cylinder.

The cut Denix frame with the new cylinder:

sqqhiw.jpg

I then had to extend the frame, square off the trigger guard, sculpt a new front sight, sculpt and add the rear sight block and sculpt new grips.

The frame was then rejoined with JB Weld, grips painted, and everything else primed and coated with silver leaf rub n buff. Here's how it turned out :)

14uhyxc.jpg

332v6s9.jpg

fx43m0.jpg

My Blunderbus is built from a Nicksdad Aluminium muzzle, a YMH-5005 and resin grip and Resin grip, pump and trigger parts from Fakebritishaccent. Great work guys!

Was great fun doing all the weathering and general dirtying-up. Love this prop :)

35lepmg.jpg

t0ksuo.jpg

2eyxnpj.jpg

15ib5n5.jpg

My Young Joe watch was a complete pain to source and fit the hands, I need to get a decent chain:

2dj8ccl.jpg

i2r0qt.jpg

Finally, my replica of Young Joe's map section. This was recreated in Illustrator, then printed onto heavy laid paper.

2hibfj7.jpg

Last edited:
I don't suppose anyone has a grenade? Would be nice to complete the set, along with the money bars and glass phone I have?

That's an awesome collection man! and you did a wonderful job on the pistol. don't mind me asking. how long did that take?

A couple of weeks, once I set to it, it came together fairly quickly. I use Milliput superfine for sculpting, which you can set rapidly by applying a hairdryer, so it was quite a quick build.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back