Looper Blunderbuss - Pics of Painted Slushcast Kit on pg. 18

Re: Looper Blunderbuss - Finished pics on pg. 13, Moldmaking WIP pics on pg. 14

This is fantastic, excellent work, AND an excellent flick!

The small molds look like pieces of white chocolate. Mmmm tasty.

Awesome, can't wait. Also, looking at the two small bubbles on the slide casting; if you haven't already, be sure to powder your molds before casting to reduce those sorts of bubbles.

Baby or talcum powder.

Unfortunately, I didn't powder the molds before casting so there are some air bubbles to contend with. Nothing too crazy, but the pieces need a fair bit of work before they're ready to paint.

So here's a pictureless update. The main blunderbuss mold has been poured! It should be ready for the first cast by tomorrow morning. I decided not to slushcast the piece as it's too messy and would take too much time to make a single gun. Instead, I'll be using a length of plugged PVC pipe to make the cast hollow and give the entire gun extra strength. I'll post pics as soon as the first pull is done.

Time for sleeeeeeeeapspasdkf;jalsdkjf;lasdkjf;jaskf

-Jonaas

Just make sure you powder the mold for the main piece before casting. The PVC core sounds like a good idea, good luck!

Oh, also, if you aren't doing it already, maybe consider running some sand paper around the PVC first to make sure the resin gets a good grip on it.

In the end, I decided to slushcast it anyway. I've already poured 3 blunderbusses and the look great! I'll be filling the muzzles with expanding foam to give them a bit more strength, but it looks like the PVC plan is out the window. At the rate I'm going, all ten of the First Run should be poured by Monday. I'll be sending out the unfinished kits earlier, so if you ordered one, check your PM's for my payment request. As for the remaining seven, I'll spend a day cleaning up and filling the slushcasts and another two or three days painting them...hopefully they'll all be finished by next Friday and I can begin shipping them out!

BUT....bad news for me. In the process of taking apart the prototype, I've found that I can no longer separate the YHM-5005 from the aluminum tubing :( All that work in making sure I could dissassemble the gun and thanks to some rogue rubber, that sucker is stuck fast. Not only that, I've cracked the front endcap! It's fixable...but I'm going to have to rebuild the main body of the gun with a brand new YHM-5005 and aluminum tubing.

However, I'm now selling my old YHM-5005 (with aluminum tubing stuck to it) in the Junkyard. The actual piece sells for about $160, but I'm letting mine go for nearly half that. Search the Junkyard if you're interested in taking it off my hands.

Thanks, everyone!

-Jonaas

WOW that looks spot to the screen used blunderbuss! If you make kits of those color me interested. ;) Also VERY nice on the paint up.

Once again FBA does a prop justice! Stunning my friend! I wouldnt feel right admiring your work without at least commenting on how great of a job you did! You should be extremely proud of yourself.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Too bad the blunderbuss isn't that pretty anymore :( When I get my new YHM-5005, I'll get it back to tip-top shape but until then, I gotta work through my runs.

If you make kits of those color me interested. ;) Also VERY nice on the paint up.

Currently, I'm only selling slushcasts of the complete gun and the only individual parts I have molded are the slide, trigger, and triggerguard. I do have future plans to mold the front and rear endcaps, the grips and grip frame, but I'm not going to mold the YHM-5005 for fear of getting myself sued. Thanks for your interest and I'll keep everyone posted on future runs/parts runs.

-Jonaas

Hey FakeBritishAccent, has the CollegeHumor sketch been released yet? If so, please post a link. Great job on the blunderbuss, by the way!

Hey FakeBritishAccent, has the CollegeHumor sketch been released yet? If so, please post a link. Great job on the blunderbuss, by the way!

Thank you, sir! As for the sketch, the producer told me that turnaround on sketches is usually about 2-3 weeks so I'll post up a link here as soon as it's out.

-Jonaas

Just a quick pictureless update for now. I've been arm-deep in resin (slushcasting gets MESSY). Since each cast requires 3 coats, I can only get 2 casts finished in a night. Tonight, I'll finish pouring the last casts and I'll start cleaning up and painting them during my next three nights off.

Pics later.

-Jonaas

Just a quick pictureless update for now. I've been arm-deep in resin (slushcasting gets MESSY). Since each cast requires 3 coats, I can only get 2 casts finished in a night. Tonight, I'll finish pouring the last casts and I'll start cleaning up and painting them during my next three nights off.

Pics later.

-Jonaas

Sweet! Can't wait to see them

Post-Turkey Day Update!

All ten blunderbusses have been poured. For those of you who've purchased an unfinished cast, you're getting your guns first so I'll be messaging you for the rest of your payment soon. I've got the weekend off so filling and painting the remaining eight guns will begin promptly. I'm shooting for completion by next Saturday. Wish me luck!

good luck! cant wait to see the finished pieces!

Yes good luck indeed. Looking forward to having mine in display!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back