Looking For High Quality NECA Hellraiser Box Scans

O1OO1O11

would one of you guys that owns a decent NECA Hellraiser Lament Configuration box PLEASE scan *all* 6 sides at 300dpi or greater and zip them up for us or include them in this thread? here is a scan of one of my box faces for reference as far as quality i need:

67l3q0.jpg

this is from hellraiserpuzzlebox.com and they use the old Xane panels. the NECA boxes are supposedly off propmaster Gary Tunnicliffe's design and are slightly more accurate. will be using them as cross-reference for an updated vector panel file. please help if you can. thanks.

I'll see if I can borrow my friends to scan. It would be nice to finally have some accurate hellraiser box files being used in all the fan recreations.

Nick

anyone else willing to help out here? the more scans the better. I plan on making the CAD files available to the community but need these faces scanned in HD to cross-reference. please help if you can.

This is probably the best I can do. Not sure if these are laying the "right side" up or not. These are my cleaned up panels I got for free.

Aug7011.jpg

Aug7010.jpg

Aug7009.jpg

Aug7008.jpg

Aug7007.jpg

Aug7006.jpg

Robiwon,

thank you but these need to be scanned in with a scanner so they are pressed flat and high-resolution. I need them scanned in at 300 to 600 dpi. I cannot trace the design from your photos.

pinder91, and anyone else interested in making your own box, you have many options...

Those options are, make your own panels from files currently on the net (or when 01001011 makes his available). If you're impatient, you can use your Google-Fu and check for the Xane files. Then chose your method of what you're going to do with them. More (Google and Youtube)-Fu will get you etching your own panels. Or if you don't want to etch, then use photoshop, make them pretty, print them (either Xane or 01001011) out, and voila! Insta-hell :)

You could buy or trade for panels - but there's really no fun in that of you want to make your own box from scratch.

You could find an obscure art dealer that just might have a box you're looking for. Take it. It's yours. It always was.

Robiwon, so you know, panel #1, and #4 need to be flipped. They are both "right side" down.

01001011, What will you call your files? The Xane files are easy to pronounce. Not so easy to say "The 01001011 files" :)

Seriously though - looking forward to your work.

Last edited:
I've already got the Xane files, and I've seen your panels on etsy. The photo etching seems easy enough. I just need to decide how lazy/ocd I'm going to be. LOL

I've already got the Xane files, and I've seen your panels on etsy. The photo etching seems easy enough. I just need to decide how lazy/ocd I'm going to be. LOL
If you do decide to learn to etch your own parts, I'm more than available to answer questions along the way. Yes I do sell panels, and no I'm not worried that me helping you do this is going to cut into my multi-million dollar empire. That being said, I won't tell you how I do things, but I will answer questions that you or anyone else may have. I only ask that you do your homework.

I can tell you that my ocd with this has turned what was a very long process into a very short one. From start to finish a full set of panels takes 2 hours if I've run out of good material, and an hour and a half if I have good material. And I do it in my kitchen and back yard (sometimes living room depending on the day). It used to take much longer, as I spent tons of time trying different ways of doing things. Some worked, some diddn't, all cost me $ :) I guess I'm saying it takes a lot of ocd in the beginning to be lazy later.

Either way - have fun.

Last edited:
So I picked up the NECA Hellraiser Cube from my friends house. I gave it to him 5 or so years ago and now this thing is falling apart! Each side has at least one little spot that's popping off the wood. The seperating and crinkling is pretty bad on two of the side as you'll see in the scans.

I heard about this happening to other NECA cubes before but had hoped for the best. I've read that the wood expanding and contracting through the seasons is what is messing up these panels and is why NECA layed on such a heavy "antiquing laquer" glaze over the whole box in the hopes to keep the panels secure.

59A6050D-4414-40DB-A9DE-86805D87A18B-714-000000A7415EC86F.jpg

B8CF5395-AB49-4271-926C-96831304B570-714-000000A7C2C3FF0B.jpg

628AEC9B-85BB-4C72-8A04-373C4A7369FE-714-000000A8358EBE82.jpg

The scans came out pretty good despite the problems. The scans are at 300 DPI.

Can't wait to see the new uber-accurate box schematics!

Nick

Last edited:
Certainly looks like it's been to Hell and back! That's what my panels looked like when I got them. I have sent mine to 01001011 so he can scan them himself. When I get them back I will build my box.

01001011, I did not polish both sides so the two that are flipped over will not have the shiny faces. If you could put a piece of tape on the two that need polishing I would appreciate it.

A while back I remember stumbling on a thread where someone made the box out of MDF to avoid the problems with wood contraction and expansion. I'm assuming that there was some work done on the MDF block to hide the seams, etc..
That said, I kind of like the hellish look of yours.

To the person who bought my box a year or so ago, how's it holding up? You still around, still have it?

Nick, or anyone else who may have one of these boxes, does it look like there was an adhesive on the back side of the panels, or were the panels just straight lacquered on?

Well here are the scans from my Neca box. It just has one tiny lift spot, but the rest seems to be holding on!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well hope that's big enough!

( that's what she said.....LOl! )

Oh! hey! The Dark Pope! I haven't forgot about you, I'll get back to you soon!

They appeared to be just lacqured on. I think the problem was the wood itself. It was not very dense and expanded and contracted a lot. I don't think they used a high quality wood on these. On the panels I got some of the wood was still attached to the back of some of the panels.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back