Live and Let Die Buzz Saw Watch

Jamster

I dont post too often, but I thought id put this up. Still a work in progress, LALD buzz saw watch. Been working on this for a fair while. Features a working watch, pop up mechanism and of course a motorised bezel. I had to thicken the case up a bit to get everything in so its now 15.5mm thick, as opposed to the 13mm it started out. Im hoping to be able to reduce that a little, or at least give the perception its a bit thinner. A vid of it here I havent added any pics.

Jamster, nice work! I particularly like the fact that it appears to tell time and the bezel raises like one of the screen used props.

GB

Thanks. Yep it tells time. Ive left the second hand on, though its not very clear in the vid. I may remove the second hand as there wasnt one on the film prop, although I do like the fact that you can see its working. Unfortunately as ive replaced the existing movement with a quartz mechanism the second hand does not sweep, but ticks. That is an area im gonna look into in order to reduce the thickness of the watch.

Hey thanks!! and no probs. Id like to do some more Bond stuff but have some other projects I need to finish first.

DL4567 - sorry for the late reply. I dont really wanna go into specifics on how I made it, but basically I took the three things that I knew I wanted to incorporate into the watch, ie a working watch, pop up function and the rotating bezel and worked out how to do each part. The watch was easy, just find a quartz watch with the same style hands. The rotating bezel and pop up function took a lot more thought, trying out different motors springs etc, but once Id figured it out it was just matter of fitting it into the watch case.

Ive changed the flat glass over for a domed glass, which has made the watch even thicker but I prefer the look of it. Still wanna work on thinning it down a bit but its gonna get shelved for the time being whilst I get some other stuff done.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back