lightsabre displays: in progress

jediscout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Updated thread with new pics throughout--indicated updates.

Update: Asajj FX:
6350215115_e486f3db7b_b.jpg

4972652194_3a95a09de8_b.jpg
4972651588_c308322304_b.jpg

4972038013_b83d3d4a3b.jpg
4972038163_30540d4d85_z.jpg

updated: rearranging shelves & new items:
6350959618_f0dc0c4499_b.jpg

6350959440_78bea3343c_b.jpg

6356328951_8bb6a83200_b.jpg

Last edited:
A work in progress. Trying to get it all up on shelves, find plaques and match them up with various MR items. Things got pretty scrambled up after some flooding that happened a while back. I still have to get the Luke ROTJ sabres on display & those that are post ROTJ/EU. Will update as I get them unboxed and find all the bits and parts. Have a lot of conversions/kits I need to build up. Am getting pretty excited about it all again. :)

Just above this post there's a small group of 3 sabres shown. If anyone here can ID the top sabre I'd love to know more about it. It's a custom that I got off Ebay several years ago. Really liked the design but I don't know anything about the maker.

4974417298_3c016398f5_b.jpg
4973800759_7f2c69acaa_z.jpg

Updated:
6350959364_0f137054d2.jpg

3 diff. Maces shown better below:

4974416832_cc5c729fd4_b.jpg
4974416938_6d47defbb7_b.jpg

4974417200_701e0c84d5_b.jpg

Updated: 2 mini-mauls: Roman & Hez
6350959696_ac7813f579_b.jpg

4973800907_62370e261e_b.jpg

4973800981_65c7f5c56d_b.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! Those MK1 should be on some obi sabers....it's hard to find even one and you have 3? Displayed in some joss stick ways...nice collection...:)

That's quite the collection. Simply awesome ! I wish I had a couple TPM sabers left. Oh well. Bravo !

Son of Skywalker ~ the Maul inspired sabre was made by Rick Ross. Many years ago there was a site up that had several good pictures of it. He called the piece "Sabre of the Sith" and it was created in 1999. That site seems to have disappeared--but when this fantastic piece resurfaced many years later, I was lucky to have an opportunity to pick it up.

It has electronics that used to light up various portions of the sabre--those electronics need some work to be functional again. Luckily I have a friend who's pretty good with electronics and I'm hoping in a few months as his schedule settles down, this can be a DIY project for the two of us.

The Rick Ross sabre is a real jewel in the collection for me. It's pretty exciting to think about getting the electronics up and running again. I look forward to restoring this beautiful piece!

4974417080_9fe9f432f9_b.jpg

Some pics of when in used to work, these were from a now defunct website back in 2002:

4982914276_8746103080.jpg
4982314931_27f8448b79.jpg
4982914582_0ab2407144_b.jpg

(more pics from 2002 on 2nd page of this thread)

Last edited:
4972038629_2fdf65aea2_b.jpg

Here's what's still left to go--one of those boxes is full of Luke ROTJs of every variety. I have a little collection of Dark Forces sabres made several years ago that would enjoy seeing the light of day. I've also found a few really great kits that will be good to get to.

I'd like to mention why I collect. Some people don't have the skills to make props, or access to machinery, etc. I'm in a situation where I can and do--but I'm also a collector and very much enjoy supporting other artisans. I've always approached lightsabres as though they are individual artworks--and additionally have tried to document the discoveries and changes that we have made over the years. Thus all the Luke ROTJ variants, and Vaders. :lol Seeing each piece as a small metal artwork is in part why I've chosen to intermingle other art with the sabre collection.

I pick up on some disdain for collectors--as evidenced by various comments over the years along the lines of 'what is this place--a store or a serious prop building community' and so forth. I understand. A lot of this stems from newer members joining and then hitting the forums hard with 'where can I get this' and 'who makes that' and it can get tiring. Yet not everyone 'can do' & some still want to own iconic pieces. For these folk, collecting is a way to do this and participate in the fantasy. Still others (myself) truly want to support fellow members here. I know what hard work it is organizing projects, scheduling work, hammering out details--and then the work itself is long and painstaking. I work primarily in metal myself--some days there's no joy in it! None.

My goal for this collection is to get it a) all unboxed and on shelves, b) get all pieces individually photographed and then c) get it all up online with details about where pieces 'fall' in the grand scheme of discoveries and what we thought was the most accurate at the time. This may appeal only to me--but I think there's value in tracking original efforts at pinning down iconic sabres. And I want to use the site as an area to track and add info about props I need help IDing.

So enjoy the preliminary efforts as shown here. There's a lot more to do. Thanks for checking the pics out--and I hope you like what you see. Thanks also to everyone whose work is pictured above. It has been, and continues to be a delight to see new work is in development.:)

4974416998_74115c6c3c_b.jpg

4974416732_b5cba7c14c_b.jpg

Love these two undersized Nomura Qui-Gons!

Last edited:
What I love about your collection is that it's just as much a museum to this community as it is to SW:thumbsup

Having been here for over ten years now I can see a lot of history there.

Dan

What I love about your collection is that it's just as much a museum to this community as it is to SW:thumbsup

Having been here for over ten years now I can see a lot of history there.

Dan

Exactly. There's a lot of work in the collection from folk no longer active here, one friend who passed away--many people who grew in skill and knowledge. That's why I wanted to say Thank You to all the good folk who have contributed to the collection.

I still remember long debates over a King Sol Vader, MPPs--what the button was on the V2--endless Obi speculation. Good times.

Hi there,

So with all those British #3 Mk. 1 grenades around
do you have an all real parts Obi-Wan ANH lightsaber
put together? If so any pictures?

Thanks,

-Chaim

Sym-Cha: I'm missing the gear. I have an AS handwheel--a slightly later model--and I'd like to get the more accurate one. I've been delaying building it up until I get the gear. I'm so close!

hankey01: Yes, you're correct. It's a piece of set dressing from Episode I, in Mos Espa. It's a panel from one of the crates seen outside of several buildings.

Oriontide:
Thank you. I really struggled with the decision to display them & then how to display them. I finally settled on mixing in other (mostly Asian) art pieces with the props. I've tried to make collections that 'work' together. The Garuda are reminiscent of the lines of the Dookus. I put the Naga on display with Mace's sabres (snakes on a plane, right?) -- little in jokes where I could. :)

The Rick Ross sabre is a real jewel in the collection for me. It's pretty exciting to think about getting the electronics up and running again. I look forward to restoring this beautiful piece!

Please post some pic when you're able to get the electronics up and running. It's been years since I've seen pics of this piece but I never got to see it light up.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back