Krull Glaive Replica

Fedoraiders

Hello Guys!

In 1983 my parents have bought our first VHS player and a free movie came with this purchase and this movie it was Krull. I watched this movie several times and I remember when I saw the 5 blades go out of the Glaive, it's a very good memory for me. Since this time, I'm become a biggest fan of Krull and It is for this reason that I create my own Glaive Replica.

To create my replica, I use this picture of the Glaive.
9e43.jpg

y0j7.jpg

And to create the leather strap and to create the inscription on the Glaive, I use this picture.
3f4e.jpg

I sculpted my Glaive in a strong plastic and I made the blades in Steel and I can remove the blades. On the 3 next pictures, it's my Glaive that I create.
xpxo.jpg

jn1g.jpg

1z9k.jpg

And this is a video of my Glaive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3d0qlyM5A4

I have other work in progress about the Glaive.

You can comment my work but I use this thread only to show my work. Thank for your comprehension!

And thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Fans of Krull!

This summer, I reworked a little bit my Glaive.

I changed the extremity of the branches. I sculpted a grooves. (see third picture)

I widened the width of the branches, the branches are wider of 2 millimeter and I think that is more accurate. (see sixth and seventh picture)

I try the new colors to find the look more accurate. It's hard to find a good gold color for the Glaive and if I look the Screen Used Glaive and Screenshot of the Glaive, I think the gold color should be more yellowish.

Even if my modifications are not too visible, I will continue to ameliorate my Glaives.

Thanks for looking!

hak7.jpg

nmrg.jpg

0mi3.jpg

iz96.jpg

w6qr.jpg

oo6s.jpg

9tzd.jpg

5j9x.jpg

I invite you to join my Facebook page about the Krull Glaive. Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Krull-Glaive/630893866936791

Thank you very much for your good word, I appreciate this very much.

I think that Krull is less popular because we get less messages.

Thanks again!

Amazing! I grew up loving Krull, especially the Cyclops' spear and the Fire Mare. So excited to see this prop and your continued work at refining! I like that the blades are removable, have you thought about adding a folding knife mechanism?
Keep up the good work!

Hello Fan of Krull!

I never remark that the Glaive on the first and second picture with zoom is awesome. Even if this picture is in black and white, I have remark the paint of my Glaive Replica is a little bit different that this picture and for this reason I make a little modification of the paint style of my Glaive replica. I change the paint style of the extremity of the branches and I think that the color is gold, not black. This is a very little detail but I like this modification.

Thanks for looking!

Wow... awesome work man... I have wanted one of those since I first saw the movie. I have hoped for so many years that they would be brought to the marketplace... maybe even licensed, made in a limited production with plaques and display boxes. I will continue that dream hoping some day it will come true. I'd like to think there are enough of us prop replica collectors out there to support a limited production run of these... I am so disappointed it has not happened so far.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back