Subscribe
    Oct 25, 2012, 7:09 PM - Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #1

A few months ago some friends of mine and I got together and started talking about the Klingon Chancellors Robe and how we had never seen it made, so we decided to make it for one of the local conventions that was coming up in June.

One of the first obstacles was the massive amount of honor Badges on the front of the costume, while they changed from person to person depending on who was wearing the coat there were a lot of them. A few were available on eBay so we picked them up and started talking with the maker and got some of his construction tips, we wanted them to all look as thou they were made by the same person, So we created 10 new honor badges, some by drawing the design out in autocad, and some just from scratch with scrap materials. We cast all the pieces in silicon and painted them using the techniques we learned form THE MAD KLINGON from eBay.

This was a big project and it took several people to see it completed but in the end we were all happy with the results. We had to come up with names for the badges that did not have any cannon names to them so ,Here they are in all their Glory.

I will post a thread about the Chancellors robe later in the costuming section.
    Nov 6, 2012, 6:58 PM - Re: Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #2

I'm eager to see how this turned out.
    From
    Baltimore MD
    Nov 6, 2012, 8:00 PM - Re: Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #3

Very cool. I'm sure there has to be a book out there that list what each medal is for. I'm really curious about the one that looks like a star stabbing a donut.
  4. RPF Premium Member Funky Jedi's Avatar
    From
    Tulsa Okie-dokie
    Nov 6, 2012, 8:02 PM - Re: Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #4

Now here's a thread I can get behind!
  5. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Bob Burns Basement
    Nov 6, 2012, 11:41 PM - Re: Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #5

Nice job on the Badges.

Can't wait to see the robe!!
    Nov 12, 2012, 11:13 PM - Re: Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #6

I had some great shots form Akon but my camera was stolen from my car that night, However I have these I took after the con of the robe itself.

7. Kcarroll
    Nov 14, 2012, 3:47 PM - Re: Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #7

Now that is well made. I have a good copy of the Cloak worn by the Klingons in ST111 and Next gen as well as DS-9 and own several of these bedges seen here.
    Nice work folks. Love it.
  8. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Bob Burns Basement
    Nov 14, 2012, 6:43 PM - Re: Klingon Chancellors Robe Medals/Honor Badges #8

Sorry to hear about the camera.

Love the robe!!