Jurassic Park car decals; does anybody make them?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm getting ready to start the Explorer version (though I'm not using the movie accurate car) and was wondering if anybody made quality auro decals for the hood and for the sides of the vehicle whic looks like this:
Jurassicexplorer.gif

ANY leads would be very helpful.

If this goes nowhere, any chance I could hire someone to make them for me?

Well I've seen the Explorer done before a few times so unless it was a custom job each time the decals must exist. I take it you've hit up the Jurassic Jeep forum right?

Not yest, I thought I'd ask here first as I really don't need to join another forum. :lol

I've always liked this vehicle more than the Jeep. Very interested in seeing how this build turns out. Unfortunately, I don't have any leads for you. I've only ever seen one or two of these done.

I don't know the if the sizes are the same or even similar, but could you use one of the Jeep door decals floating around for the Explorer hood? The side art's going to be tough though. As mentioned above, Jurassic Jeep might be your best bet if they exist.

Which vehicle are you looking to convert?

I've got the equipment to cut stencils and solid color vinyl, and I've started the design of the explorer decals. The tough part would be the color gradient. I would personally paint* the whole thing, but I also used to work at a sign shop with the capability to full color print it. I'm also in stillwater, and go to tulsa/owasso/ba all the time...

* I've never painted anything even remotely complicated, but I assume whoever is painting would be
able to, with the right stencils.

Oh its on!! We're soon to have 5 Jeeps in Oklahoma and now one Explorer (sort of)

Too bad the accurate Explorer had to be the Eddie Bauer edition which jacked the price up.
'Spared no expense'....you aren't kidding!!

2011-11-03122007.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it is, this is just one that was posted on the JPJeep site a few months ago.

I wanted to help convey the awesomeness that will be your Cherokee ;)

Cool project. I found these images on the net a long while back when I was considering doing a scale model:

explorer_passside_thumb.jpg

explorer_driversside_thumb.jpg

Hope they help. Couldn't find anything for the bonnet. I'd be interested to know if you find anything.

Cheers, Steve.

Our graphics guy can print them up full color.

When you have a Vector file, send it to me for a quote. Gotta have your files straight though.

-Rylo

I'm getting ready to start the Explorer version (though I'm not using the movie accurate car) and was wondering if anybody made quality auro decals for the hood and for the sides of the vehicle whic looks like this:
Jurassicexplorer.gif

ANY leads would be very helpful.

If this goes nowhere, any chance I could hire someone to make them for me?

Apologies if you've seen this message in other threads/forums;

Good news! My buddy is putting the final touches on the vector files for the Explorer side graphics. We're trying to ensure the size of the decals match the movie as closely as possible before they're posted so stay tuned.

Also, he has a local printshop hookup and we're considering running a few copies out for you guys if you want the ease of having them simply shipped directly to you. As of right now it's looking like we can do it for appx $200 shipped. That'll include both side decals and the hood in full color. I'll post pictures in the coming weeks of the prints so just let me know if you're interested.

Apologies if you've seen this message in other threads/forums;

Good news! My buddy is putting the final touches on the vector files for the Explorer side graphics. We're trying to ensure the size of the decals match the movie as closely as possible before they're posted so stay tuned.

Also, he has a local printshop hookup and we're considering running a few copies out for you guys if you want the ease of having them simply shipped directly to you. As of right now it's looking like we can do it for appx $200 shipped. That'll include both side decals and the hood in full color. I'll post pictures in the coming weeks of the prints so just let me know if you're interested.

Any luck with those vector files yet? that is so awesome you guys are doing that :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back