How to Make a "Lucky" Revolver from Fallout: New Vegas!

Evan Junius

Hey guys. Today I want to show you how I made a "Lucky" revolver prop for about $20 or less. (I'm not quite sure, since some of the materials are a bit old, and prices may have changed.) Here is a reference pic:

Lucky357Magnum.png

2013-06-07 15.54.59.jpg

Needed:
  • 1x Acrylic Paints (Black, Yellow, White and Silver)
  • 1x Western Cap Gun (Plastic is cheaper, long barreled if possible, I bought mine at walgreens.)
  • 1x Computer/printer (Doesn't need to be color, so long as it can print black and white.)
  • 1x Elmer's Glue (Or any kind of glue really, as long as it works on paper.)

Notes:
  • Color of cap gun doesn't matter, so long as it looks ok.
  • I am not responsible for people getting hurt, arrested, killed, or so forth because they brought this gun out into the public. It is a prop, and should only be used as so.
  • This is a fan-built prop. I do not own fallout, lucky, bethesda or any other elements of the fallout universe.
  • You may need to wait for the paint to dry in between steps.
  • I'm sorry I couldn't upload my own pictures, but my internet is really slow, and doesn't let me upload pictures. :(

Steps:
  1. Set up a mat so you don't get paint all over your nice furniture.
  2. Give the entire gun a thin coat of black paint. (But not so thin as you can see the color underneath. Also, I mixed a little silver in to make it look more metallic
  3. Paint the handle an eggshell color. (You can achieve this by mixing white with a little bit of yellow.)
  4. Print out 2 clubs (The poker symbol, obviously.) as small as possible, and glue them onto the handle of the gun. (One on either side, as you can see in the reference picture.)(If this isn't something you can do, or you just feel adventurous, you can try to draw the clubs on with sharpie, but trust me, it's pretty hard to use sharpie on paint, and forget about using brushes.):wacko
  5. Use yellow acrylic paint, (Mixed with a bit of silver, unless you happen to have gold too,) and paint on the engravings. (I was lucky [LOL] enough to have them already engraved on, due to my type of gun, so don't get frustrated if it takes you a while.)
  6. You can dab a little with silver or gold to give it that weathered look, if you feel skilled enough to do so.
  7. You should now have an authentic-looking "Lucky" revolver. Enjoy! You have gained karma! :angel (And also, again, don't blame me if you get in trouble for having this out in public.:ninja)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back