House M.D. Vicodin Bottle: where can you get these?

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does someone know where you can get those orange pill bottles like the ones seen in House M.D. (his vicodin bottle)? I'd like to make a replica of this bottle to go with my red-grey tennis ball. I'm from Europe, so if I could get these over here, that would be nice too...

I actually had one of these bottles WITH Vicodin after a shoulder surgery. I'm kinda sad I didn't save it with a few of the pills. :cry

I don't watch the show But I just have surgery and have a few bottles sitting around. Post a picture if it is the correct bottle I can send you one. You will have to make a lable.
Mark

Fyberdyne, that would be just great. This are the screen accurate bottles:

house-pill-bottles.jpg

Mr__Vicodin_by_panicsong_by_EverythingHouseMD.jpg

And to see the correct size:

house-md_22691_2.jpg

In the series it doesn't seem to be a screw-cap bottle, but a top that "pops up". Sometimes you can see House removing the cap just by pushing it with his thumb, so it's not a screw-cap.

I think it depends. I'm sure I remember him screwing the top off in a few episodes. I'm pretty sure they don't dispense controlled substance medication in a flip top bottle anymore. So the prop department may have modified the tops to make it easier to open and close.

I'm pretty sure they don't dispense controlled substance medication in a flip top bottle anymore.
They do, as long as you're an adult and I believe you have to sign something saying you don't have children in the house. My mother had surgery a while back and she was issued them in similar bottles.

I recreated the graphics for the bottle from the episode "Help Me" (season 6 finale) but I can't find them on my drive right now. That label was the most "real" looking-- most of the others are simplified and have VICODIN or HYDROCODONE in giant letters for visual/theatrical clarity.

They do, as long as you're an adult and I believe you have to sign something saying you don't have children in the house. My mother had surgery a while back and she was issued them in similar bottles.

Makes sense I guess. Someone with arthritis would need an easy open bottle. Well, learn something new every day. :)

Makes sense I guess. Someone with arthritis would need an easy open bottle. Well, learn something new every day. :)
Come to think of it, I think that's the primary reason for them-- My mom has arthritis in her fingers, so they are a lot easier to open. Thanks for the memory jolt. :lol

I actually had one of these bottles WITH Vicodin after a shoulder surgery. I'm kinda sad I didn't save it with a few of the pills. :cry
I had more than one because I was taking 3500mg daily prior to my back surgery, but that was back in 2004. :unsure Those bottles are long gone.

I have a couple of what I think are the correct size pill bottles, but they have the "push down and turn" type lids. They'd be close enough for me to use if someone can either replicate the label or post a clear image of the label so I can take a shot at replicating it myself. :cool

OK I havr 8 differant bottles and 4 of them have differant lids but the are not the same as the screen used lids. It looks like an pop top but I don't have one. I guss it could be an easy open screw on lid. I bet if you went to local pharmacy they might sell you an easy open one. I will check.
Mark

OK I havr 8 differant bottles and 4 of them have differant lids but the are not the same as the screen used lids. It looks like an pop top but I don't have one. I guss it could be an easy open screw on lid. I bet if you went to local pharmacy they might sell you an easy open one. I will check.
Mark
Can you post pics of these? Maybe they come very close...

I've gotten a few of these for non-prop purposes by just asking at the Pharmacy if I could have a couple. Target was the most cooperative of the places I asked at.

Unfortenately, these bottles are not that common here in Europe. Seems to be a US thing, these orange bottles...

I haven't seen a lid like that on a bottle in a while. I'll check my mom's pills to see if they use that style but I know my pharmacy uses some that lock on. Yeah my mom's are push down and turn. I haven't seen those flip top ones since the 80s.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back