Herman Munster Howard S Lifesize Display

Monteburns

Sr Member
This was a project that I started in April & recently finished. I have always been a diehard Munsters fan & wanted to make a Munsters project for quite some time now.

I airbrushed the head & added prop eyes. I had to open up the eyes more so that they did not look squinted. I also hand laid real hair instead of just painting hair. The hair took me over 5 hours to apply & was very tedious work.:wacko

I scratch built the Frankenstein boots & covered them in black suede imitation material. Making the boots turned out to be a ton of work.
The suit was modified to look more like the one used on the tv show.

The mannequin & stand was also modified. I permanently attached the hands to the mannequin & filled with body filler.
This display is just under 7 feet tall.
The over sized lunch box was also custom built from scratch.

HermanScottMonteburns_08.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_05.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_04.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_02.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_03.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_06.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_01.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_07.jpg

Here are two black & white shots for fun.

HermanScottMonteburns_bw2.jpg

HermanScottMonteburns_bw.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Herman Munster Lifesize Display

That looks great Monte! I'd suggest to get some Fuller's Earth and lightly dust the boots, pant cuffs and the jacket a bit.

But that turned out awesome!

(I'd love to see more pics of your Bats as well! ;))

I'm a big Munster fan too. Herman came out great. That crypt keeper looks awesome as well, any pics?

Last edited:

Thanks to everyone for all the positive compliments.
I like to make displays that are unique & a little different from the norm.

I will probably let Herman dust naturally.:)
The 89 Batman I had painted up a few years ago to go with my 89 Joker bust.

Howard S busts always have a killer likeness.

Last edited:

That kicks butt!! That room looks like it would be fun to just sit and look around... there is stuff everywhere.

I went back into this old project recently & did some modifications to the paint.
I did a ton of grey , blue & yellow washes to the paint but it is hard to pick up in my photos for some reason.

I also added lower/upper eyelashes & stuffed/ padded the body more.

I don't mind going back into a project if I feel that I can make an improvement to make a project look a little more accurate.
I got some better pics in much better lighting.

THAT is 6 kinds of awesome! The Munsters are freaking classic, and that likeness is fantastic, love the expression! Any plans to do the rest of the family?

Thanks guys.
I don't mind going back into older projects to upgrade them from time to time.

I would love to do a Grandpa Munster lifesize display in the future but right now I have a few other lifesize displays that have been collecting dust for a while now that I need to get finished.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back