Hellboy Big Baby Logo.

asavage

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Check out my mad skilz! More time on a plane for me, and I photoshopped this little puppy:

Here's the original I worked with:

And here's my photoshop MADNESS.

Now I just gotta find the right rifle stock (anyone?), a color dry transfer place, and I'm on my way.

As with all of my stuff, use it with my blessing.

a

Well, THANK YOU!! :)

I have a feeling your work is probably cleaner than the original they made the sticker from.

:)

Very nice.
Noeland-----------

Awesome work! Wish I had that kind of talent.

As an aside, how did you and Jamie enjoy my alma mater the University of Florida last night? I wish I could have made the short drive back down there to hear you guys speak but waking up at 5 a.m. for work today ruled that out... :(

Bruce

Awesome work! Wish I had that kind of talent.

As an aside, how did you and Jamie enjoy my alma mater the University of Florida last night? I wish I could have made the short drive back down there to hear you guys speak but waking up at 5 a.m. for work today ruled that out... :(

Bruce

Very much. A great crowd there. 11,000 strong. We had fun. Just finished speaking at Bucknell tonight, also a great crowd. Gotta love the engineering heavy schools...

At first glance I thought the stock was a cut down M79 stock - but after looking at some pics I'm not so sure.

It looks like you could mod a denix henry or winchester, that smooth bottom, the bump on top (no jokes please).

That's the closest I've come so far. Heres a denix carbine
http://www.historical-firearms.co.uk/acatalog/DX1068GClose.jpg

THAT looks like it'd be close enough. I may just order one an start to play. The rest of the gun seems like it could all be PVC and some truepan.

The baby doesn't look like a sticker to me. More like dry transfer. There's no indication of a "layer" of the baby sticker in the close up photo.

It looks like you could mod a denix henry or winchester, that smooth bottom, the bump on top (no jokes please).

That's the closest I've come so far. Heres a denix carbine
http://www.historical-firearms.co.uk/acatalog/DX1068GClose.jpg

THAT looks like it'd be close enough. I may just order one an start to play. The rest of the gun seems like it could all be PVC and some truepan.

The baby doesn't look like a sticker to me. More like dry transfer. There's no indication of a "layer" of the baby sticker in the close up photo.

Now that I look, it could also be a 1960 AK-47. Like this:
http://www.sovietairborne.com/Site Art/AK47.jpg

Very much. A great crowd there. 11,000 strong. We had fun. Just finished speaking at Bucknell tonight, also a great crowd. Gotta love the engineering heavy schools...

Those lucky ducks. I'm really glad to hear you say that. I gradutated from Bucknell in 98 with a BS in EE. It always burned me that they kept plugging the school primarily as a Liberal Arts college when it had such a robust engineering program.

- TGM

Hey Adam,

Take a look through the lever action carbines on this page http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/ahb_rifles.htm

Most of them have the flat bottom and subdued hump on top that match the Big Baby stock (particularly the M1866 and '73). Plus, it looks like Big Baby has the lever action on it anyway, so that would be most likely.

And I agree, Big Baby looks like a dry transfer - there doesn't seem to be any hint of a carrier film.

-Fred

Hey Adam,

Take a look through the lever action carbines on this page http://www.aurorahistoryboutique.com/ahb_rifles.htm

Most of them have the flat bottom and subdued hump on top that match the Big Baby stock (particularly the M1866 and '73). Plus, it looks like Big Baby has the lever action on it anyway, so that would be most likely.

And I agree, Big Baby looks like a dry transfer - there doesn't seem to be any hint of a carrier film.

-Fred

I just picked up a couple of Thompson butt stocks on ebay, just over 20 bucks each! There's still a few available. I figure with a little sanding, and staining, it oughta be close enough.

what is a dry transfer? I was at my sign shop this morning picking up an order and i was discussing this with my shop and he didn't know either.

Adam, et all, would a 4 color process vinyl work? my printer says he can do them and dye cut them for easy application. I need to know the size though.

Adam, et all, would a 4 color process vinyl work? my printer says he can do them and dye cut them for easy application. I need to know the size though.

I just did the type as well. I'll post in a couple days (traveling all the time). The size will be finally determined by the Thompson butt that I get. It's versatile, they're out there, so I'll size definitively off of that. Should be approximately 4" tall, by 9" wide.

I did two logos, because on the other side of the rifle butt, the baby's head faces the other way. I'll post it all soon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back