Has anybody Pep'ed a 1:1 Scale R2D2?

jayjayn

Well I found some R2D2 PEPS

Star+Wars_R2-D2+full.PNG

Noturno Sukhoi: Star Wars_R2-D2 Full Size

more detailed model
r2d2 tamano real.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

and was wondering if anybody here has done any of these 1:1 scale builds? trying to find pictures of how it turns out, since its a lot of peping.

Was going to ask on astromech.net but it seems to be down =\

Lol, seriously but seems like a pretty good project to work on then fiberglass and reinforce. A .pdo file is a file format for pepakura designer, google it and u can download there free viewer program

I think with the availability of styrene plans for your droid that honestly a pepped droid would be a total waste of time and patience. Just build a styrene droid and save yourself the headache!

Styrene's the way to go for a scratchbuild. With pep, it is too much extra work for an inaccurate representation. The dome, on the other hand is an area where builders are having issues finding sources for. I have a dome pep (with supports) if anyone is looking for one. (no cutouts for greebles etc.) It is much easier than trying to locate a plexiglass/acrylic dome the right size. There are suppliers for metal laser-cut domes, but they are out of my price range.

If you are interested in extremely accurate plans, go to the links below.

interesting thx for the tips.. i'll definitely look into it.., i really just wanted to make a trashcan as my first project then move up on it.. i'm most likely thinking of the foam route but still unsure.. here are more files i found not pdo files though.. i got it from the r2builders yahoo group.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

4shared folder - Star Wars - R2D2 Papercraft

Styrene's the way to go for a scratchbuild. With pep, it is too much extra work for an inaccurate representation. The dome, on the other hand is an area where builders are having issues finding sources for. I have a dome pep (with supports) if anyone is looking for one. (no cutouts for greebles etc.) It is much easier than trying to locate a plexiglass/acrylic dome the right size. There are suppliers for metal laser-cut domes, but they are out of my price range.

I would LOVE to try to Pep the dome if you can send me the files! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back