Has anybody else seen this?

Yeah I believe it was bagpus3 brought this to light in the Stormtrooper Oddities thread in the Costuming forum :)

Regarding the image of this guy in his trooper suit he's updated his stormtrooper snippet (in March 2007) with the following:

"Because of misuse this photograph may NOT be uploaded to other web sites without my express permission."

.. hope he's not upset with us. :confused

I was advised to:

"take a look at the stills of the premiere nights in Leicester Square and Brighton on the internet" for similarities in the armour, but I have been unable to source pics from the web & or back issues of the Evening Argus.

I hope Mr R. Philpot has'nt been too upset :rolleyes , cos he's been a cool guy about it all, but he want's no more attention from it :$ sorry RP...

if that "has to be fake" then perhaps it would predate any marco armour?? & the world of FX might have had more competition all these years, just a thought from a noob.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krugj @ Apr 10 2007, 04:00 AM) [snapback]1459013[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Defstartrooper @ Apr 9 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1458931[/snapback]
:unsure Has to be a fake
[/b]

I'm curious why you think so?
[/b][/quote]

Well for one thing he describes it as being made of fibreglass

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Defstartrooper @ Apr 10 2007, 07:45 AM) [snapback]1459092[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krugj @ Apr 10 2007, 04:00 AM) [snapback]1459013[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Defstartrooper @ Apr 9 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1458931[/snapback]
:unsure Has to be a fake
[/b]
I'm curious why you think so?
[/b][/quote]
Well for one thing he describes it as being made of fibreglass
[/b][/quote]
So, to costumers... how is the fiberglass armor compared to the vac-formed armor? Any differences? Also... someone not knowing about these plastics, but knowing about fiberglass boats, for example... is there any chance that he could misinterpret the plastic as being fiberglass? Everyone knows fiberglass, but not everyone knows about these types of plastic... also... he only worked there 1 day...

So, to costumers... how is the fiberglass armor compared to the vac-formed armor? Any differences? Also... someone not knowing about these plastics, but knowing about fiberglass boats, for example... is there any chance that he could misinterpret the plastic as being fiberglass? Everyone knows fiberglass, but not everyone knows about these types of plastic... also... he only worked there 1 day...
[/b]

Well in his description he describes the armour as mostly being fibreglass aside from the belt and knee armour which he describes as a flexible plastic.
If he isn't or wasn't familiar with fibreglass i dont see why he would assume something is fibreglass.
I'm assuming of course that at some point in his life the guy has seen plastic before especially given his description of the belt and knee plate so i can only conclude that he did not see the armour as being plastic.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back