Harry Potter wands

I know this isn't related to the wands, but Fenris, did you hand-draw the Marauders Map or did you print out something like what it should look like? I'd like my own, but the cheapest I've found yet is $35 from Noble.

I only sell locally (to the Philippines) as Noble Collection wands are pretty hard to come by over here in our country (they actually cost 3 to 4 times as much). I sell these wands for around $20 - $23... all are hand-made so sculpts vary from wand to wand.

Here is one I drew a file for.
wand1.jpg

If anyone would like one for the price of their service(in the spirit of the free paper prop thread) it is available on Shapeways. I get no money for this item.
Wand by SLK on Shapeways

Another new one I've made, I'm pretty happy with this one. Honduras Redheart handle with a Blackwood shaft. The shaft contains a single feather, not that it'll ever be seen. The ring on the handle spins freely, and the commissioner's initials are burned into the end of the handle.
redheart_and_blackwood_by_zlurpo-d46enus.jpg

Another new one I've made, I'm pretty happy with this one. Honduras Redheart handle with a Blackwood shaft. The shaft contains a single feather, not that it'll ever be seen. The ring on the handle spins freely, and the commissioner's initials are burned into the end of the handle.
redheart_and_blackwood_by_zlurpo-d46enus.jpg

So Really how would the consigner know weather or not you put a feather in it? Just curious... Very nice touch however. Do you know what type of feather you put in there? I would think eagle or falcon or owl would be cool but if it's Pigeon well lets just say I would not advertise it as such... LOL

I did my first fee floating ring Rattle a couple years ago and have not done one since. especially since I did not know to sand the ring to separate it from the shaft. I cut mine free with tools and broke it in half in the process. Yes I glued it back together on their so I did cheat a bit but hey for a first attempt I think it was ok.

So Really how would the consigner know weather or not you put a feather in it? Just curious... Very nice touch however. Do you know what type of feather you put in there? I would think eagle or falcon or owl would be cool but if it's Pigeon well lets just say I would not advertise it as such... LOL

I did my first fee floating ring Rattle a couple years ago and have not done one since. especially since I did not know to sand the ring to separate it from the shaft. I cut mine free with tools and broke it in half in the process. Yes I glued it back together on their so I did cheat a bit but hey for a first attempt I think it was ok.

The only indication of the feather being in there is a barely visible seam in the wood, as I split the wood, hollow it, insert the feather and carefully glue it back together. I often try to take a picture or two of the process as proof, but I forgot this time. I think it's a rooster feather, a long white one like girls put in their hair these days.
To make the ring, I cut out the shape of it while still attached to the shaft. I sand it smooth, and then I use a hook-shaped chisel to cut it free, like these.

The only indication of the feather being in there is a barely visible seam in the wood, as I split the wood, hollow it, insert the feather and carefully glue it back together. I often try to take a picture or two of the process as proof, but I forgot this time. I think it's a rooster feather, a long white one like girls put in their hair these days.
To make the ring, I cut out the shape of it while still attached to the shaft. I sand it smooth, and then I use a hook-shaped chisel to cut it free, like these.

Very Cool and Interesting. I'll Have to look into those.

I made my own by taking a super cheap flat chisel and cutting it to the right shape with a dremel tool. Works like a charm, and I didn't pay $90 for it!

Most of my well used Turning tools are ones I have made myself. No real fear of screwing up a an old Chissle or file you ground yourself as opposed to those afore mentioned $90+ "profesional" turning tools.

As DH2 started to approach, I started collecting interesting bits of driftwood during my walks along the beach, and brought it home to hand carve into HP style wands. I really love the more organic looking wands of the later films, so I often try to preserve elements of the original piece of wood if I can.

So with only a large carving knife, my leatherman and some sandpaper (as well as some stain and paint), I created these.

P8130052.jpg

This was the first wand I ever made. I did it years ago, when I went as a Death Eater for Hallowe'en. It started life as a squeegee handle.

P8130062.jpg

Of the new batch of wands, I started with this one, and it's still one of my favourites:

P8130053.jpg

This one you actually hold sideways (like how you see gangsters holding their pistols in movies):

P8130055.jpg

Some of the simpler ones:

P8130058.jpg

P8130057.jpg

I'm thinking of wrapping leather thong around the handle of this one:

P8130060.jpg

A couple of the chunkier ones:

P8130054.jpg

P8130056.jpg

I loved the bark and shape on this one. It was originally longer, but the tip broke off when I was trying to straighten a curve in it:

P8130063.jpg

This is the most recent one I've completed:

P8130061.jpg

This one I had carved, not really thinking much about the design. Upon discovering it was somewhat shaped like Bellatrix's wand, I gave it to a friend for her Bellatrix costume for the DH2 premier:

P7120037.jpg

And then made this one for another friend's Bellatrix costume. It's not as curved as hers, but was working with what I had available:

P7140044.jpg

I really like the general design of Bellatrix's wand, and made this one (which may go to the aunt of one of the friends I made a Bellatrix wand for, which she loved - but wanted it lighter and longer):

P8130059.jpg

And a little OT - the pendant I made out of sculpy for one of my friends' Bellatrix costume:

P7140048.jpg

Wow, truly impressed by the quality of the builds here, I,ve been making some wands recently, it all started with Luna Lovegood's wand that I made for myself after seeing the final HP movie, i put it on my facebook page, and I just got a ton of commissions after that! So here we go, they are all carved by hand using a bunch of tools, dremel, files etc.

Luna's wand, with the nice flower design :
lunaswand.png

Sirius's wand:

siriuswand.jpg

carvings detail:

siriusdetail.jpg

Snape's wand:

rogueswand.png

pettigrew's wand:

pettigrewwand.jpg

Oliver Wood's wand:

oliverwood.jpg

Lupin's wand:

lupinwand.jpg

one of my favorite's Lavender's wand:

lavender.jpg

James wand's:

jameswand.png

Hermione's wand:

hermione.jpg

and finally, Bill's wand:

billweasley.jpg

They're brilliant, and brilliantly presented.

Where did you get the box you used in the photographs of the Sirius wand? It looks like you've covered the box top in the dark blue ribbed artist's sketch paper Micheal's sells by the sheet (and if you've done, the seamless effect on the corners has me humbled,) but is the rest of the box handmade or sourced?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back