Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    NE Florida
    Jan 18, 2010, 3:20 PM - Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #1

Here ya go, folks...thought I'd start a new thread so you can find them easier.

These are drawings based on movie screen caps and promo images...there my be slight variations with the screen-used props, but it's all I had to go on.

Feel free to use them all you like....

FELIX FELICIS VIAL

PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?ixnnyhnmit3

MEMORY VIAL

PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?3emyyiumnu2

Enjoy!
    Rob
  2. RPF Premium Member Digitizit's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 18, 2010, 7:30 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #2

BEAUTIFUL job! Short of someone giving a clear picture of the actual prop, I think you nailed it! That's fantastic work!

I'm going to get busy on this and see just what it's going to take to get made. I'll let you know!
    From
    Raleigh NC
    Jan 18, 2010, 9:52 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #3

I can't remember and I am to lazy to search thru the movie. What are the memory vials made of? All I can remember is Dumbledore pulling memory threads from his head with his wand.
    From
    Orlando
    Jan 19, 2010, 12:10 AM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #4

oh man my wife would love to have some of those. would these be able to b commissioned just curious
  5. RPF Premium Member kursosawa's Avatar
    From
    15 clicks East of Moss Eisley
    Jan 19, 2010, 1:52 AM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #5

i was just about to ask the same question.
  6. RPF Premium Member Beechy McFly's Avatar
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    Jan 19, 2010, 3:18 AM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #6

Really should not have registered.. I don't have the funds to be checking all this stuff out.. Hate window shopping.. If these happen I will catch you on another run..
    From
    NE Florida
    Jan 19, 2010, 12:00 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #7

I just draw 'em up, fellers, I don't create them....you gotta check with folks like Juno if you want them made....
    Rob
  8. RPF Premium Member Digitizit's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 19, 2010, 12:09 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #8

I am getting them made. My wife and I are HUGE Harry Potter fans. It's how we met. We got to tour the set last year when we were in London (she's from London). Talk about an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! And believe you me, the props and sets look a thousand times better in real life than they do on film!

Anyway, back on subject. Yes, I am having the memory vial made. It looks like they aren't going to be cheap, though. I think roughly $70. If other people are interested, I'll see if we can get a break by ordering in volume. I will be getting two or three made for myself. It will be very very close to the measurements Ghostsoldier has, but will vary some. It's just the nature of how these things are made.

So, if you are interested, let me know! I'm not trying to make any money. I'm just passing on the costs.
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Here and There
    Jan 19, 2010, 1:16 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #9

I'll also check with a local glass blower for cost, like you not out to make a buck just a really awsome prop, thanks for drawing these up and offering them free to the board. I can do the intracate labels on my plotter once the bottle are produced.
  10. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Germany
    Jan 19, 2010, 4:00 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #10

@ Digitizit can you post a picture of the memory vial ? would like to see how it looks as a replica......I have one of Junos FF vials, but still would like to get a memory vial.......
  11. RPF Premium Member Digitizit's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 19, 2010, 4:14 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #11

Stefan Jones said: View Post
    @ Digitizit can you post a picture of the memory vial ? would like to see how it looks as a replica......I have one of Junos FF vials, but still would like to get a memory vial.......
    Sure thing! I have one of Juno's FF vials too. The memory vials are just too nice to pass up.

12. RPF Premium Member Digitizit's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 19, 2010, 4:15 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #12

propalooza said: View Post
    I'll also check with a local glass blower for cost, like you not out to make a buck just a really awsome prop, thanks for drawing these up and offering them free to the board. I can do the intracate labels on my plotter once the bottle are produced.
    Please do check! I'm all for a better price if quality is still the same. And I would LOVE to have labels done up. I was thinking of different ways to do them, but would like to see what you could do.
  13. RPF Premium Member Digitizit's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 19, 2010, 4:20 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #13

I'm going to start an interest thread in the Junkyard. If you want one, please post there and let me know. We will get a discount depending on the number of vials ordered.
  14. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Germany
    Jan 19, 2010, 4:26 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #14

Digitizit said: View Post
    Sure thing! I have one of Juno's FF vials too. The memory vials are just too nice to pass up.

thanks for the original picture, but I wanted a picture of your replica
    I understood, that you have one made already
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Here and There
    Jan 19, 2010, 4:38 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #15

I'll post a picture of the label as soon as I finish drawing it up so people can get somewhat of an idea of how they will look.
  16. RPF Premium Member Digitizit's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 20, 2010, 11:53 AM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #16

Sorry for the mix up! Reading is a requirement before replying. I need to remember that.

I do not have the memory vial made yet. I'm trying to gauge the interest level to get a better idea on pricing.

What I will do, because I know for certain that I want one, is to go ahead and get one made for myself. I'll take pictures of that and post them.

I've no idea how long it will take to make, but I hope to have it in my hands within a week or two. I'll keep you posted!
    From
    Atlanta, GA
    Jan 20, 2010, 12:27 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #17

Digitizit said: View Post
    Please do check! I'm all for a better price if quality is still the same. And I would LOVE to have labels done up. I was thinking of different ways to do them, but would like to see what you could do.
    Digitizit,

I've forwarded this thread to the glass artisan who made my FF vial to see if he'd be interested in making them and get his cost.

ATL
    From
    Atlanta, GA
    Jan 30, 2010, 8:27 AM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #18

Here's my first attempt at simulating the strands of memory:
    memory strands 1.bmp

ATL
  19. RPF Premium Member Digitizit's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 30, 2010, 10:16 AM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #19

ATL Kenobi said: View Post
    Here's my first attempt at simulating the strands of memory:
    memory strands 1.bmp

ATL
    That looks pretty cool! Nicely done! I've been trying to figure out what I was going to do about the actual memory inside the vial.
    From
    NE Florida
    Feb 1, 2010, 1:15 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #20

Nice, ATL....tell me: Is that a good memory, or a bad memory?
    Rob
  21. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Feb 11, 2010, 12:52 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #21

Im a glassblower. These are what Ive made from screen cap references
    didnt know how the top of the memory vial was so i made it longer than i think it actually is. will fix that on the next one. the felix vial also needs some minor tweeking in shape and size, need to get another size glass to start with and will be perfect. what do you think?
    Last edited by sithlordfaust; Feb 11, 2010 at 10:16 PM.
    From
    NE Florida
    Feb 11, 2010, 1:39 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #22

Dang, sithlord....those are freakin' awesome! Great work using screencaps!
    Rob
  23. the_eli is offline the_eli
    Feb 11, 2010, 2:41 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #23

Sithlord, sorry if I missed the answer to this, but are you planning on doing a run of these? I am definately interested.
  24. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Germany
    Feb 11, 2010, 3:10 PM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #24

thats a nice memory vial. still miss that in my collection
    From
    Norway
    Feb 12, 2010, 8:10 AM - Re: Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE #25

I want one! Nice job sithlordfaust, how long does it take you to make one?