Subscribe
    From
    MN...USA
    Jan 17, 2008, 12:05 AM - Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #1

Hey all,
    Here is a replica Michael Myers mask from Halloween 1.
    I finished it from a blank pull from a Nightmare mold.
    The Nightmare was made off an actual 75 Kirk mask (which was the mask they used to make the Michael Myers mask for the movie)
    I painted it to look as though it was painted with a rattle can, like the movie mask. I also painted the mask with fleshtones first like the original Kirk and allowed some of the fleshtones to show through the white coverup paint, as on the original mask.
    The hair is hand dyed Mohair, which I darkend again after I applied it to the mask. Supposedly the Hero mask's hair was darkened this way as well.
    I added glue lines on each side of the mask's sideburn areas to simulate where the hair of the original Hero was removed, and the glue lines were then painted over.
    Here are the pics:

Joe
    From
    Las Vegas
    Jan 17, 2008, 4:48 AM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #2

very nice work !!!

however there's something a little off about the hair on top that kind of gives it a bit of a Kramer (Seinfeld) look

I could be wrong (I'm going to have to watch the movie again to check)
    From
    MN...USA
    Jan 17, 2008, 5:39 AM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #3

Thank you for the comments.

Robb007 said: View Post
    very nice work !!!

however there's something a little off about the hair on top that kind of gives it a bit of a Kramer (Seinfeld) look

I could be wrong (I'm going to have to watch the movie again to check)
    Actually, I studied quite a few screen caps and pics of the screenused mask to style the hair....here are a few of the pics I tried to recreate:

4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    Jan 17, 2008, 7:13 AM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #4

Nice work!

Looks dead-on!!
    From
    Las Vegas
    Jan 17, 2008, 1:26 PM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #5

yeah my bad

I watched a few scenes & noticed you got it right on the money

I think the low lighting from the movie threw me off a little
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Jan 17, 2008, 3:23 PM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #6

There are few things more scary than that mask. It creeps me out. Nice work!
  7. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member Jedifyfe's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 17, 2008, 3:37 PM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #7

Nick Castle is a friend of mine and I think he would approve of this mask for sure. LOOKS GREAT!! Here is Nick and I at his house one night over dinner.

From
    UK
    Jan 17, 2008, 4:11 PM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #8

Excellent work, it really looks great.
  9. RPF Premium Member howlingwind13's Avatar
    From
    Detroit
    Jan 17, 2008, 6:43 PM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #9

Great job on the mask...I've owned alot of myers masks, that one is fantastic.

mike
    From
    Long Island, New York
    Jan 17, 2008, 7:46 PM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #10

I'm a big time Halloween fan and I would be proud to have that mask as part of my collection. Great work!
    From
    MI
    Jan 17, 2008, 10:12 PM - Re: Halloween Michael Myers Replica Mask (Pic Heavy) #11

That looks perfect!!!