HAL 9000 from 2001: a space odyssey

mspaw

I know there was a whole set of threads on hal back a couple of years ago, but I interested in the cad/ plans that were drawn up for him and am not finding them off the bat. Also any other good photo ref would be great.

anyone?

Thanks

-Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
HAL 9000 from 2001: a space odyssey
I know there was a whole set of threads on hal back a couple of years ago, but I interested in the cad/ plans that were drawn up for him and am not finding them off the bat. Also any other good photo ref would be great.

anyone?

Thanks

i thought this thread was blank, heres his question in a nice colour:angel

-Michael

Do a search here as this was covered extensively here as well as Propsummitt.

If the search turns up nothing I am sure someone will be along with some info!

Last edited:
Argh, I was one of those that worked on that project, lost the CAD files to a hard drive crash. I did work with two or three people way back then years ago, we all shared the measurements based on a current lens find. Hopefully someone should be able to pop up with the files on the thread here.

Karl Tate did some mechanical drawings with specs on HAL 9000. They're copyrighted to him so I can't post w/o his OK.

Yep I’m back from the dead. Like many of us work has gotten the better of me for a little while... ok 6 months. the film industry is feast or famine so it seems. I may have a few weeks before the next wave crashes in.

-Michael

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back