'Gun' display - ideas/methods?

lharles

Sr Member
So, as some folks know, I'm really down to the bare minimum when it comes to building/acquiring props these days - due to cash flow issues, (I'm sure most folks on here would rather cut off fingers than listen to me babble about it - :) ).

As a result, I'm working with stuff I already had, (custom making 'Ollivander's' boxes for the Potter wands I'm almost done painting, putting together the bits & pieces for my proton pack build - I've got enough to get about 85% done with the pack itself & absolutely nothing for the wand/gun, etc.), & tidying up the stuff that's already finished.

I'd like to find a way to properly display the few 'gun' type things I've got in the collection. Right now, they're sort of haphazardly laid around the room & I'd like to get them hung up on the walls in some fashion.

Basically, I've got an airsoft pulse rifle & a half dozen airsoft pistols & revolver replicas from various stuff.

What I don't really know is...what's a nice, clean, & sturdy way to hang em'? What the heck to hang em' with? Hooks? If so, could someone recommend a type & an economical source?

I did do a little digging/searching in the forum & didn't find anything that fit...

Thanks in advance for any assistance/direction!

Little "posts" extruding from your wall could support them nice and cleanly. put one through the trigger guard and one supporting the front of the gun.

Bad shot but this kind of idea:
500px-DoubleTeam-Gun-WallA.jpg

Those sort of look like slat-wall hooks...without the slats. Hmmm.

It would certainly look the way I'd like.

Do they just screw in by hand & are they relatively cheap...? :) Not to mention, where would you find them...?

You can find L screws in your local hardware store. Another option would be to create an "armory" wall by mounting peg board onto the wall and using garage organization hardware to hang the guns on, similar to this

006.jpg

Those sort of look like slat-wall hooks...without the slats. Hmmm.

It would certainly look the way I'd like.

Do they just screw in by hand & are they relatively cheap...? :) Not to mention, where would you find them...?

I imagine you could find something that would work at Home Depot or some other hardware store.

You could also go the pegboard route but unless you're really going for the armoury look it's not the nicest display IMO.

I am having this same problem.how too hang?and I haven't come up with a solution yet.my last attempt was to use the coated metal clothes hangers bent specifically for each pistol in sort off a triangular pattern with the too points that hold the pistol coming out from the wall.and going up behind the weapon to the top off the triangle behind the gun and a long tack there. but the guns just floating on a bare wall don't quite get it for me.....good luck with this...
DSCF0437.jpg

Last edited:
I am having this same problem.how too hang?and I haven't come up with a solution yet.my last attempt was to use the coated metal clothes hangers bent specifically for each pistol in sort off a triangular pattern with the too points that hold the pistol coming out from the wall.and going up behind the weapon to the top off the triangle behind the gun and a long tack there. but the guns just floating on a bare wall don't quite get it for me.....good luck with this...

I think your idea is great, maybe just organize them on the wall a little better? If they all lined up nicely I'll bet it would look great. :thumbsup

Yes your right .I just through them up fast to get and idea of the look.don't have that wall anymore since I have moved.there are more pistols now.packed in a box and I think they are breeding....LOL....:lol

Here is how the Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center has their pistols displayed - I especially like the little plaque for each gun; it seems to help tie the whole display together:

5097310029_9358862699_z.jpg

Photo credit: Marika García

Last edited:
im a fan of the pegboard method. i still have to do some painting and finish up some lighting, but even an unfinished pegboard armory looks sweet to me!

AB93AD3F-97A6-4C4A-B195-2C0BA1758E05-1653-00000067837E2389.jpg

I use custom folded perforated metal sheet board with wire hooks for all the blasters, that don´t fit in my cabinets...

DSCF6145.jpg

Markus

Found some metal "grills" at the dollar store (~ $1.60 USD each). 4 grills were used in the picture, drilled into the walls and secured on the corners with washers. They are of a decent size, and i plan to add a few more grills.:lol

Hooks also bought from the same store. came in packs of 2s. (again, $1.60 each)

Total cost for "rack" = $6.4
Cost of hooks = $9.6 (I currently have 6 blasters in this setup, with space fully maximized.)

552134_3954151105099_204254743_n.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back