Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Apr 6, 2011, 8:49 PM - Gringotts Vault Keys #1

Hey Everyone,
    I've been a lurker for a couple years now and decided to post a couple new creations. The first is a set of two vault keys to Gringotts inspired by a logo I saw in the back of the Film Wizardry book. One is for Vault 687 (the Potter family vault) and the other is for Vault 711 (the Black family vault). It took me FOREVER to design them. More correctly, it took me forever to get them "printable" by Shapeways. I think they came out pretty well. My only option would be to order them in brass next time.

What does everyone think?

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0798.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	50132   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0799.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	50133   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0800.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	50134  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0801.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	50135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0802.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	50136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0803.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	50137  

2. Doesn't matter RPF Premium Member PhoenixVader's Avatar
    From
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Apr 6, 2011, 8:53 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #2

While not cannon, very cool and a nice addition to any HP collection. Welcome to the board.

thomas
  3. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Apr 6, 2011, 9:12 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #3

Hey Thomas. Thanks for the compliment. I'm going to challenge the assertion that it's not cannon. I know it's not the same key that you see used Sorcerer's Stone but there is a very tangible connection because the design is almost identical (the round one at least) to the key pictured on the second to last page in the Film Wizardry book. Since we haven't seen the last movie and the graphic I'm mentioning is in the "Sneak Peek" section I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it makes an appearance.
    From
    Madison, WI area
    Oct 8, 2011, 8:43 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #4

chmo78....were you thinking of producing and selling these?
  5. RPF Premium Member C0mmand3rC0dy's Avatar
    From
    Fort Worth, TX
    Oct 8, 2011, 9:45 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #5

They look great to me! I would definitely buy one if they were ever offered in metal, your hard work shows,

Great Job!
  6. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Oct 9, 2011, 10:47 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #6

Thanks KellieMarie and C0mmand3rC0dy. I did this while on a little vacation with my family and it was so addicting I think I spent more time working on them than I should have. 3D modeling with these 3D printers is crazy! If you make the teeniest mistake it won't print and you get an error message. I thought I was going to go blind from staring at my computer for so long.

BUT

When you get the key in the mail and it clanks just like a real metal key it's really cool. I just set up the selling features so if anyone is interested in buying one it would be my pleasure to make them available. I made all the metals that shapeways offers available as options but I have to warn you that some are mucho denero! Silver is $100!!! Stainless steel, gold plated and bronze all come in around $40 and they look awesome.

The link is here: Gringotts and Sons by chmo78 on Shapeways

Thanks so much for your interest! It feels so good when someone appreciates your creativity.
    Oct 10, 2011, 12:19 AM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #7

Thanks so much, chmo78, for making these available. There will be a couple of real happy little HP fans 'round here come Christmas.

I was wondering--if it wouldn't put you at risk of loosing your sight and sanity again--how much trouble would it be to get a custom number on there?

I was thinking that with the Pottermore site and members having their own virtual Gringotts vault it would be kinda cool to have a personal number like your street number or birth month & day, or your lucky number or whatever your "special" number.

Many apologies and you many conk me over the head if this would be an excruciating ordeal!!

Shylaah
  8. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Oct 11, 2011, 4:56 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #8

Wow Shylaah. I'm going to have make you my agent! I could take a few requests and see how it goes.

AHEM...ATTENTION. To anyone interested in a vault key with a customized number please send me a PM or email through here and I'll let you know if it's possible. Custom numbers will be $10 extra because I'll have to sit there and alter the design for each one in Sketchup. If it becomes too time consuming then I'll stop but we'll see how it goes. I'll give it a shot.
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Jun 4, 2012, 5:20 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #9

These are beautiful! Nice work.
  10. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Jun 4, 2012, 11:09 PM - Re: Gringotts Vault Keys #10

No CrimsonGriffon... YOU'RE beautiful. Haha Thanks.