Hi everyone, here is a project I've been working on for a while. It is a helmet of a character from Adventure Quest Worlds, one of the Artix Entertainment games. I started out with a pep file, and gradually built up the shape. I went this way because I wasn't confident enough of my ability to make it symmetrical. Took a bit longer but in the end I was happy with how it turned out.
I built it with the horns and ears as separate pieces to make slush casting it easier. It was a fun learning process and learnt a lot of things that I shouldn't do. Road bumps included resin leaking out between the silicone seams and fusing to the support shell; having air trapped between the layers of resin which bubbled up and welted when I left the helmet out in the sun; paint not sticking to the black base coat and peeling off with the masking tape. All fun learning experiences. Also ran into the problem of "things are drawn without thinking about it in the real world". Mainly, the eyes look cool but give the wearer a massive blind spot between the nose.
Had a great time though and wanted to show it off, hope you enjoy!