Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    From
    DAYTON, OHIO
    Apr 23, 2009, 10:41 PM - Re: Firefly, new additions, Zoe, Jayne and Mal, lots of pics #26

Is the Mare's Leg a none functioning firearm?
    I've always loved how that type of rifle looked ever since I saw the one on The Rifleman.

Here is a working firearm.
    I always thought that it would be an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) but this one is classified a pistol.

NICE!

http://maresleg.com/maresleg.htm

Scot
    From
    SoCal
    Apr 24, 2009, 7:55 AM - Re: Firefly, new additions, Zoe, Jayne and Mal, lots of pics #27

Goodwolf,
    its my understanding that Jaynes hero knife is an older model where they were retooled and re-released as what you have and are still for sale.

Zoe's Mare's Leg was fully functional in the tv series as it had been a prieviously used item in various other films and tv shows.
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Apr 24, 2009, 8:03 AM - Re: Firefly, new additions, Zoe, Jayne and Mal, lots of pics #28

After comparing a photo of my knife and a scan of the stunt knife, they are the same length. However, as Rob just mentioned, there are differences from being retooled.

Rob, you should cast the hero knife and offer up some stunt knives.
    From
    Viking Country
    Apr 24, 2009, 8:35 AM - Re: Firefly, new additions, Zoe, Jayne and Mal, lots of pics #29

Beautiful pieces.

Now, how 'bout a holster for Jubel Early's gun?
    From
    NH, US
    Apr 24, 2009, 10:26 PM - Re: Firefly, new additions, Zoe, Jayne and Mal, lots of pics #30

Good idea! I'd like a Con friendly Binky.

dr_slurpee said: View Post
    Rob, you should cast the hero knife and offer up some stunt knives.
    From
    SoCal
    Apr 24, 2009, 11:36 PM - Re: Firefly, new additions, Zoe, Jayne and Mal, lots of pics #31

The main issue of molding and casting knives in "user friendly" rubber is the cost. I doubt enough people would be intersted in paying double the cost of an off the shelf item to get it in rubber. Knives are notoriously difficult to cast in rubber. It took me lots of trial and error to master and thats on someone elses dime.

If you guys have never molded and cast anything, there are small starter kits out there that sell enough silicone and resin to do the handle. Could be a great starter project to learn with.