Will we see these in the Junkyard at any point?
That was my intention, but I don't feel my cast quality is up to standards yet. I was actually hoping to have a rotocaster up and running by now, but I'm having some massive shifts in my housing situation. I cast 8 of them I think (they're at my workplace) and most are miscasts or have large sub-surface bubbles or thin spots, due to my inexperience and rotocasting a 25 pound (11.3 kilo) mold by hand.
This was one of three that were somewhat passable.
When you do make your junkyard thread, you could offer up your misfires for cheaper for those of us with tight pockets but big interest. Fixing up a reject is a lot less aggro than making one of these babies from scratch, especially as beautifully as you've done! (And I know a few friends who'd want one too lol) Cheers, I'll be watching!
Yeah, I'll be watching out for these as well.
Some time ago, reaper63 mentioned liking the design of John's heavy pulse rifle. I think I have all the parts of that one figured out. Now, I just have to determine how to make them.
Another version to add to the list of PR variants, but this one might be a one-off if I get to it. Some of the bits would take considerable time to fabricate!
oh yeah, love that thing!! very nice!!!
I really need to get into using MDF. Great work here man.
This is superb!! Incredible detail and finish. recently made a couple of very rough Pulse Pistols myself, but my next project is to make a proper pulse pistol with working electronics (already figured somewhat how I'm going to do it). At least this time I'll have more than 2 evenings to build it lol! One day I may have a go at a PK rifle like this, but not anytime soon. Phenomenal job!
Thanks for the compliments!
Here is the other decent cast (could have sworn there were three good ones). This is what I like to call the base model.
I think one of the others is distorted near the stock, so I might cut that one up to try making the heavy pistol.
I think you've done a great job, despite the casting problems
During the RPF's recent down time, I took the advice on the placeholder page and tried to get a prop done. Well, a modified prop anyway. The Peacekeeper heavy pistol was only seen in a few episodes, first wielded by Scorpius (a plain version), and later by Aeryn's mother, Xhalax (with a few greeblies added).
The base is the front end of a pulse rifle. I took one of the mis-castings that had a warped stock and chopped off the back, straightened out and plugged the opening. A couple of detail pieces later (and a lot of straightening and flaw removing), and another variation of the pulse rifle is ready for rubber. I'll have to wait a bit until I have the time to make the mold. In the meantime, I'll try to make the greeblies for the Xhalax version.
Sweet! I knew that once someone had a mold for the base rifle some of the variations would start popping up. Great work!
looking amazing as always man!! great work
Friggin amazing!! Keeping my fingers crossed to see the rifle in the junkyard soon.
I always loved the design of the Farscape props.
I still en courage you to finish this project!
Yeah, absolutely, you're doing so well.
Keep up the great work.
I'll third that!! I still hold out hope of getting one!!!
Keep at it man you are so close to finishing.
Just a note to let everyone know I haven't abandoned this project, although I've had to shelve it for a bit. Life is taking me for a rollercoaster ride, and it's driving me crazy that I don't have time to work on this. I may try a couple small projects to satisfy my creative urge in the meantime, but one of these days, I WILL have a wall full of pulse rifle variations and I hope you will too! I was actually hoping to make enough props that someone would begin a Farscape fan film! Wouldn't that be a blast!
Thanks for all the words of encouragement.