Not really a lot of pictures today, as my Niece was taking and posting the pictures to her FB account.
Lessons learned today:
- Sharpie Paint pens work great for masking. Terrible for painting cracks. Even when dry will absorb clear coating liquid and flow.
- You can only remove paint plus clear coating so many times.
- Attach the plate to the 1/4 inch thick wood strip first. Then drill a small alignment/pilot hole. Then clamp both to the 1/2 inch thick wood strip. you will be much happier about the placement of the 3" hole.
- Etching takes longer than you might think. Etch speed depends on how much is exposed. Yesterday's deep etch came due to a very small surface area exposed.
- Scrap area around the 1/4 inch thick wood strip makes a great spacer for around a too deep Farnsworth lens.
- Sharpie paint pens make for some very interesting etch patterns.
- The wire attached to the item to be etched will get really, really, really hot.