Skyrim---Falmer Helmet

xdmray

made a new thread since this is no longer a sculpture.
http://www.therpf.com/f62/skyrim-falmer-helmet-1st-cast-out-136492/

ok, so i did paint this awhile ago, but i goofed up on the left side. too much white highlights and it got away from me. so i plan to repaint it.
but i figure why not show off the good side.

the first three are just with flash. the next three are the flash with the eyes back lit. (the eyes are green tinted clear resin.

P7300005.jpg

P7300008.jpg

P7300010.jpg

P7300001.jpg

P7300003.jpg

P7300004.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah agree with above commenter that perhaps it needs to be darker..think beetle shell, with perhaps some varying purple,blue,green iridescent paint washed through in areas to give that effect. Then a few good coats of some high shine varnish.
Simply adore the fact the green eyes glow! The sculpt rocks too

This is awesome! I especially like that the eyes light up. I think the color looks fine.. maybe it looks a little light because of the flash on the camera.

hmmm, i thought i had did the paint color pretty good (purples/blues/brown). i would def do the iridescent colors if i had em.

im not happy with the left side which isnt really photographed, so i do plan to repaint anyway. and i always had planned to put a gloss clear coat on it.

but thanks for the feedback. i appreciate all critiques.
when i repaint i will see about possibly changing up the paint.

ok i did a repaint.. I am much happier with this one. You can't see in these pics, but there are blue and purple shimmering paints in it. in person in certain light, the colors change a little.

IMG_2680_zps52b38de8.jpg

IMG_2679_zps8d4830e5.jpg

IMG_2676_zps795f72a7.jpg

IMG_2672_zpsf35239b9.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back