Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Max Replica's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    365
    May 11, 2010, 8:52 PM - EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #1

    This is a replica of the Leonardo Da Vinci painting of Drew Barrymore in Ever After: A Cinderella Story. It was made in-house at 20th Century Fox and photo printed on real canvas (not sure technically how but I think they used a large format negative of the original prop) and was given as a gift to only a handful of VIPs from the film's cast and crew. It has never, to my knowledge, been available to anyone else in any other way. Well, except for the few I was able to end up with of course. : )

    The portrait is large, measures 10x14 inches, with the surrounding canvas going out a few inches more than that. Really looks like Drew Barrymore as painted by Da Vinci (even down to a replica of his signature). It was based on one of his real paintings.

    Here's a pic of the one I have and a screenshot of the one in the movie (I think the one in the movie was actually painted on wood if I remember right).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrewDaVinci.jpg 
Views:	2473 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	25452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ever-Aft-Drew-Barrymoore_l.jpg 
Views:	2414 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	25453  
    Last edited by Max Replica; May 11, 2010 at 9:03 PM.
  2. RPF Premium Member Hotshot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    Millersburg, Ohio; the Heart of Amish Country
    Messages
    2,075
    May 11, 2010, 9:49 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #2

    Nice! One of my faovrite movies!

    I've been contemplating doing this porp for a while, but could never find a good enough shot of the top of the painting!!

    We may have to talk about getting some of those made!
  3. RPF Premium Member Hotshot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    Millersburg, Ohio; the Heart of Amish Country
    Messages
    2,075
    May 11, 2010, 9:50 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #3

    Oh, and you may want to watermark that image so it doesn't end up "out there" in the world!
  4. RPF Premium Member Max Replica's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    365
    May 11, 2010, 9:55 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #4

    Hotshot said: View Post
    Oh, and you may want to watermark that image so it doesn't end up "out there" in the world!
    Glad you like it. It's only a 32k image so I'm not too worried about it getting out there.
    If someone wants to blow it up it's going to look like crap. Then again, if someone wants one of my originals... I may just have to put up a thread in the junkyard or something.
    I think I have two extra of them (original studio made). I sold one a few years ago for a lot of money and then just held on to the rest.
  5. Invicta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    Raleigh, NC.
    Messages
    652
    May 12, 2010, 7:01 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #5

    Max Replica said: View Post
    Glad you like it. It's only a 32k image so I'm not too worried about it getting out there.
    If someone wants to blow it up it's going to look like crap. Then again, if someone wants one of my originals... I may just have to put up a thread in the junkyard or something.
    I think I have two extra of them (original studio made). I sold one a few years ago for a lot of money and then just held on to the rest.
    If you feel like doing a repro run of these printed out for sale (doubt I could afford one of the originals) I'd be interested as my wife loves this movie.
  6. RPF Premium Member Droidboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2001
    Messages
    2,087
    May 12, 2010, 7:24 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #6

    I second the notion of doing a repro run. Im sure I don't have the money for one of the originals, but Ever After is one of my favorite movies, and I'd love to have a print of that to hang up.

    Gregg
  7. RPF Premium Member Max Replica's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    365
    May 12, 2010, 11:28 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #7

    Thanks for the interest, but I won't be doing a repro run. I think a repro (printed on canvas) could basically be indistinguishable from the originals, and I don't think that would be fair to the folks that paid a lot of money to have a very rare piece.

    But maybe what I would do is make a couple of high quality full-size color photo copies for you guys. They'd still look good but they wouldn't be on canvas so I wouldn't feel like I was devaluing those other pieces.

    If I decide to do it I'll put a thread up in the junkyard and mention it here.

    P.S. Maybe the originals wouldn't cost as much as you think...
  8. RPF Premium Member Hotshot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    Millersburg, Ohio; the Heart of Amish Country
    Messages
    2,075
    May 12, 2010, 12:50 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #8

    You could always tweak the final image to be different from teh screeenused . . .we did it with Vigo and the Muses, and at one point even the OMNI cover that was going to be released. Something that can't be spotted by an onlooker, but instantly recognizable to teh rest of us?
  9. Invicta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    Raleigh, NC.
    Messages
    652
    May 12, 2010, 5:46 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #9

    Max Replica said: View Post
    But maybe what I would do is make a couple of high quality full-size color photo copies for you guys. They'd still look good but they wouldn't be on canvas so I wouldn't feel like I was devaluing those other pieces.

    If I decide to do it I'll put a thread up in the junkyard and mention it here.
    I hope you do decide to do the photocopy run as I'm trying to introduce my prop addiction to the living room and what better was to start than with this piece hanging on the wall.

    Max Replica said: View Post
    P.S. Maybe the originals wouldn't cost as much as you think...
    Probably would with funds tight at the moment, oh well!
  10. RPF Premium Member Hotshot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    Millersburg, Ohio; the Heart of Amish Country
    Messages
    2,075
    May 14, 2010, 11:04 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #10

    I couldn't help myself . . . using another image from another member's old meesage( wasn't that you Invicta?), and using your photo to finish the top of the head. took out all the shadows from the frame, and lightened the color up a bit. Still needs ALOT of work.

    I'd LOVE to get this going, but my biggest question, is what does your frame look like?

  11. RPF Premium Member Max Replica's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    365
    May 14, 2010, 12:17 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #11

    Ah, but does yours include the Da Vinci signature? : )

    These were presented to the stars as gifts without frames. The studio wasn't THAT generous - and the movie hadn't made any money yet at that time (these were given out at the completion of principle photography, before the film had even been finished).

    My canvases are unframed.
  12. Invicta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    Raleigh, NC.
    Messages
    652
    May 14, 2010, 9:38 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #12

    Hotshot said: View Post
    I couldn't help myself . . . using another image from another member's old meesage( wasn't that you Invicta?), and using your photo to finish the top of the head. took out all the shadows from the frame, and lightened the color up a bit. Still needs ALOT of work.

    I'd LOVE to get this going, but my biggest question, is what does your frame look like?


    Nope sorry mate wasn't me!

    If I had a decent printable image it would be on my wall by now.
  13. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Messages
    1
    Jun 18, 2011, 7:36 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #13

    If you ever have another portrait, let me know. Thank you.
  14. RPF Premium Member Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2003
    From
    Arizona
    Messages
    1,029
    Jun 18, 2011, 10:11 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #14

    Wow, ok that is AWESOME! Love that movie and this is an amazing piece! Thanks for sharing.
  15. SloeDjinn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    From
    The Beautiful Bluegrass Region of Kentucky
    Messages
    113
    Jun 19, 2011, 2:23 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #15

    This is a wonderful piece!
    Even though I knew it predates it (by a few good years), the work makes me think of a study for Da Vinci's Madonna of the Rocks.
  16. Member Since
    May 2011
    Messages
    28
    Jul 29, 2011, 1:37 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #16

    Hotshot said: View Post
    You could always tweak the final image to be different from teh screeenused . . .we did it with Vigo and the Muses, and at one point even the OMNI cover that was going to be released. Something that can't be spotted by an onlooker, but instantly recognizable to teh rest of us?
    You could always write 'This a fake' on the back in felt pen.

    (In joke for Doctor Who fans.)
  17. RPF Premium Member Zlurpo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    567
    Jul 29, 2011, 4:08 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #17

    Just cuz I think it's funny, I'm going to point out:
    In that movie, Da Vinci pulls the rolled-up Mona Lisa out of a tube.
    The Mona Lisa was painted on a plank of wood.
    Research fail.
  18. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Messages
    20
    Sep 21, 2011, 6:32 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #18

    HI, Iīm wondering if you still have available the Drew Barrymore portrait for sale on canvas and or if you can provide me a full resh color copie (like a poster). itīs my anniversary and my wife LOVE that movie and fairy tale, so I think thatīs a good present for her in our special day.

    would you be so nice to contact me in this email and give me more info about that topic?

    morfeus4@telefonica.net

    thanks in advance!

    david
  19. RPF Premium Member Max Replica's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Los Angeles
    Messages
    365
    Sep 21, 2011, 9:29 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #19

    No, I do not have any left. Very sorry.

    morfeus345 said: View Post
    HI, Iīm wondering if you still have available the Drew Barrymore portrait for sale on canvas and or if you can provide me a full resh color copie (like a poster). itīs my anniversary and my wife LOVE that movie and fairy tale, so I think thatīs a good present for her in our special day.

    would you be so nice to contact me in this email and give me more info about that topic?

    morfeus4@telefonica.net

    thanks in advance!

    david
  20. Crabbles
    Guest
    Mar 27, 2012, 7:07 PM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #20

    I see that many people have said this same thing, but I really need to get a replica of this painting. Anyone know where I can get that?

    Thanks.
  21. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    From
    San Jose, CA
    Messages
    163
    Apr 26, 2014, 3:35 AM - Re: EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting #21

    Invicta said: View Post
    If you feel like doing a repro run of these printed out for sale (doubt I could afford one of the originals) I'd be interested as my wife loves this movie.
    Seconded. My wife loves the movie. I enjoy Drew Barrymore, and Melanie Lynskey (the Kiwi actress who plays the "good" stepsister, who ends up with the Captain of the Prince's Guard at the end...)

    My wife must have watched that movie fifty times before I told her that the pendant that Drew was wearing at the end was the same pendant that the little tow-headed weasel gave her to give to Megan Dodd (superbitch) to give back to the Queen as an entree to conversation. That's why Anjelica Huston's eyes are drawn to it as she kneels before Drew...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 8, 2011, 6:04 PM
  2. Da Vinci Code Props--UPDATES!!! NEW PROP!!!
    spiderfan11, Replica Props
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: Nov 5, 2006, 10:51 AM
  3. Da Vinci Code Bank Key
    spiderfan11, Replica Props
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 3, 2006, 11:53 AM
  4. Da Vinci Code Cryptex
    Ashfrank, Replica Props
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2006, 1:33 PM