Endor rifle - any idea what this part is?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does the little circular part directly above the mag well with one rivet in it look familiar? I thought maybe it was a V8 part, but I don't have any that look like that.

endorblasternwvd.jpg

I doubt, that Jason is looking for the -well known- V8 pistons, but the round "disc" right above the magwell ;)

Not sure, but it rings my bell and looks like another part from the V8 kit.
Would check my parts-boxes, but I´m busy as hell and will be leaving germany upcoming thurrsday...so, if anybody else could confirm the origin please?!

BTW:
What about the DELTA-Ring on this M16???
I´ve never found one like this and would love to build an endor rifle with it...anyone??

Markus

I doubt, that Jason is looking for the -well known- V8 pistons,

Well, as with the RotJ DL-44 - that are not the well known pistons from the kit, they machined them and they look only close but not dead on to the original. ;)

The round thing above the mag - no idea, sorry.

Well, as with the RotJ DL-44 - that are not the well known pistons from the kit, they machined them and they look only close but not dead on to the original. ;)

The round thing above the mag - no idea, sorry.

You´re absolutely correct, smarta** :lol

The ROTJ pistons didn´t came from the V8 kit, I just wanted to clarify what IMO Jason is looking for (-> not the pistons ;)). This teaches me to be more specific when typing a quick reply :rolleyes

Markus :)

I believe the part in question is part no. 43 from the F4E kit. It's half of the front wheel.

Last edited:
Wheels in the V8 kit? It's just the engine.

Well, as with the RotJ DL-44 - that are not the well known pistons from the kit, they machined them and they look only close but not dead on to the original.
Yeah I was all excited that I had the pistons until I looked at them and figured out they were different. I never looked that close the the Solo blaster to tell.

I should have some in progress pictures in the next couple days for the workbench thread. I figured I'd do a cross between the rifle in my references and a few details off this one like the V8 part that covers the Colt info on the mag well.

What about the DELTA-Ring on this M16???
I´ve never found one like this and would love to build an endor rifle with it...anyone??
I looked around when I first started getting parts and never saw any rifles online or in the books I have with that Delta ring. I don't know if the gun pictured wasn't a blank firing gun it wouldn't necessarily need a real delta ring though.

Wheels in the V8 kit? It's just the engine.

I don´t know/have that kit (only the pistons), but maybe he´s talking about one kind of belt pulley - not everyone is firm with car-parts. ;)

Yeah I was all excited that I had the pistons until I looked at them and figured out they were different. I never looked that close the the Solo blaster to tell.

If you know someone with a lathe and a milling machine, it´s easy made.
A few minutes job in black Delrin (plastic), and only little bit more in Alu.
Just base the dimensions on the piston-halfs, with only 4 deeper cuts, and a tigher slot.

I should have some in progress pictures in the next couple days for the workbench thread.

Cool. :cool

The part is just over 1/2" in diameter.
v8part43.jpg

The Revell Phantom II F4-E, OF COURSE!!!!!
Thanks Marcus, I knew I have seen this part in one of my donor-kits. :)

Jason:
Let me know if you need those wheels, I have a few Phantom kits and could send you a spare wheel :)

Markus

Silly me. I said V8 instead of F-4E. Well, I have all my Revell parts in the same box so I got mixed up with the names! :wacko

:lol I figured you had them mixed up. I have the kit, thanks though!

So did they just stick a rivet in the center then? It looks like it.

Also consider that when it comes to the production made rifles, no two were *exactly* alike (so you don't have to sweat the details *too* much ;))

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back