Ender's Game Flash Gun

In the Enders Game books the "trigger" is on the back of the grip near where the hammer would be on a regular pistol. Excited to see one of these in progress. The Enders series has been one of my favorite series' of books for years.

If I'm not mistaken, RPF member ricksprops designed/built the pieces that were used on-screen. If so, he might be able to provide some pretty helpful info... if he were so inclined.

You know when watching Ender's Game, I kept waiting for Ender to use the Bat grapple feature of that gun... but he never did. :(

;)

Hey everybody! I saw the movie when it first came out and absolutely loved the Flash Gun. Since then I wanted to build it but a mixture of intimidation and time restrictions prevented me from trying. That is until I revisited this thread and saw the reference to the pictures at Rick's FB page. I grabbed the photos and fired up the 3D software I downloaded months ago but never touched.:lol I decided the best way to make it would be in the sections shown on Rick's photos. Plus who wouldn't want a model they could take apart and race there friends to see who is the best in there toon?

Any way after about two days of tweaking and playing with the software here is a few screenshots of my flash gun "core" proto type. It is not as accurate as I would like before I would usually post something, but with my lack of my regular tools and equipment I figured its better then nothing. Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 280369View attachment 280370View attachment 280371View attachment 280372
I can't get the last picture to upload from where I'm at but it shows the pin you see in the first picture inserted onto the groove and hole at the top of the second.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back